In Defence, we’re transforming how those who keep us safe prepare for the threats of the future. Join us and you’ll help build the most innovative virtual worlds available, so our defenders can plan, train and make life-saving decisions in the real one.
The mission of the Senior Engineer Manager is to develop, scale, lead and encourage our Platform Quality and support teams within the Defence business. You will embody our values and ensure your teams are working hard, being kind and having fun. You will be a servant leader and will embody our goal of the team before the needs of each team member in order to best fulfil our duty to our customers.
This is a really exciting time to join as Platform Quality Operations is a brand new team, meaning lots of scope for the SEM.
The remit of your role will cover three key teams within the Defence business. All three teams represent a different facet of making sure we are supporting our customers throughout the lifecycle of our projects, these include Platform Quality, Partner Engineering and In-service Support.
- Establish and grow the Platform Partner Engineering and In-Service Support teams.
- Take ownership of our existing Platform Quality Assurance team and drive its impact through the business
- Establish repeatable and defendable processes for testing, configuration management, delivery services, and in-service support
- Continuously look for ways to improve the Customer Experience, helping to deliver quality products and professional services to allow our customers to integrate with our products easily and efficiently and be able to help them feel reassured with the level of support required.
- Ensure budget and capacity line up with all phases of quality, testing, integration, and configuration control throughout the entire lifecycle Evaluate and implement automation, test, quality, and customer support tools for potential gains in effectiveness or efficiencies
- Perform leadership responsibilities including the mentoring, performance appraisals and training of employees
- You will grow successful team members through collaborative development planning, coaching, and empowerment through strategic goals
- You will play a key role in performance reviews and promoon reviews, creating the necessary structure and environment to set your teams up for success You will have a strategic input, while retaining an appropriate level of hands-on management
Why You’re Made for This:
- You are an experienced senior engineering leader with expertise in one or more of the following: QA, Customer Support or Partner Engineering
- You have experience supporting multiple successful engineering teams; managing managers and senior engineers
- You empower your managers and team members to independently execute
- You are able to decompose complex problems into straight-forward solutions
- You consistently bring strong, data-driven business and technical judgement to decisions
- Any experience in Defence or National Security space, with particular knowledge of common standards would be beneficial but not essential
Everyone brings different experiences, perspective, knowledge and skills that makes each one of us brilliant. You don't have to meet all the requirements and experiences on this job advert to apply for and be successful in this role.
Based in London, UK head office (with a hybrid approach of 1 to 2 days a week in the office). There may be some travel to customer sites involved on an occasional basis.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Location: Hybrid – London
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed