Sumo Digital is opening a new studio in Bangalore and is looking to hire key specialists across Art and Engineering to join the Sumo India family. They are seeking a Senior Systems Programmer with 5+ years of strong C++ programming experience to design and implement engine features in C++, collaborate with other internal departments, debug complex engine problems, profile and optimize game engine performance, improve and extend existing engine features, and mentor and develop more junior members of the team. The company offers flexible working hours, group health insurance policy, term insurance, paid holidays, learning days, paternity and maternity leave, relocation assistance, competitive bonuses, and various employee benefits. Sumo Digital encourages and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
Following the incredible success of Sumo Pune, which since its founding in 2007 has grown to over 150 talented team members across a myriad of disciplines, Sumo Digital is opening a new studio in Bangalore to support the development of some of the most exciting video game projects in the world.
Sumo Bangalore is a new studio that will play a key part in the co-development of multiple AAA console titles across Sumo Group. We are looking to hire key specialists across Art and Engineering to join the Sumo India family.
As a Sumo Digital studio, Sumo Bangalore joins an award-winning family of international studios. Previous titles developed by Sumo Digital include the BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Control Ultimate Edition on Google Stadia, Apple Arcade Award-winning Little Orpheus, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.
As winners of the TIGA Star Employment Award for 2021, recipients of the GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work Award and listed as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to Work for in 2021, Sumo Digital has enjoyed 18 years of stability and growth since its formation in 2003 and continues to strive for excellence across every single project.
We’d love for you to join us as we continue our journey with the launch of Sumo Bangalore.
As a Senior Systems Programmer, you will:
- Design and implement engine features in C++.
- Collaborate with other internal departments (Art, Design, Audio, QA, etc...)
- Debug complex engine problems
- Profile and optimize game engine performance
- Improve and extend existing engine features as needed
- To provide support to gameplay and UI programmers
- Be instrumental in the development and maintenance of game engine and game systems functionality
- In addition to hands-on programming, you'll mentor and develop more junior members of the team, identify and share best practices, drive quality, and champion innovation, simplicity and efficiency
- Be responsible for the delivery and integration of high-quality solutions, exploiting and abstracting underlying platform features to fulfil varied and technically challenging project requirements.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of realistic schedules, communicating progress and impediments as they arise.
We need you to have:
- 5+ years of strong C++ programming experience
- Extensive experience working in an engine programming role (UE4 preferred) in the game industry
- Good understanding of memory management, multi-threading and optimization
- Ability to learn, test, debug and extend existing engine code
- Extensive knowledge of game engines and PC/console platforms
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of 3D math
- Good communication skills
What we offer:
· Flexible working hours
· Group Health Insurance Policy – Self, spouse and children covered up to 6 Lacs.
· Term Insurance – 4 times of current CTC
· 21 days of paid holidays with four statutory days,
· Five Learning days each year,
· 4-weeks paternity leave, 6 Months Maternity leave.
· Arrangements for bereavement, adoption and sabbaticals etc.
· Monthly snacks amount top-up to your Sodexo card.
· Competitive bonuses
· Relocation Assistance
· Industry-leading recruitment Referral Scheme
· Special Occasion Celebration & Celebration vouchers
· Timely care packages
· Regular socials including: Movie nights, online watch parties, dinner parties, an invite to the much-loved ‘Sumo Big Day Out’ for you and your family.
· Employee Assistance program
· Gaming Events and activities include team lunch/ team dinner.
· Recognition of service length awards.
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, we know it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2023-03-17