The job is for an Engine Programmer in the metaverse group at Improbable. The role involves creating software processes, pipelines, and discipline, giving constructive critique on the quality of the Engine features within the game, creating high-quality Engine content within industry-standard timelines, owning a feature from receiving the design spec through system design and implementation, and mentoring more junior programmers. The ideal candidate should have an expert level of understanding in an Engine Programmer skill set, an excellent understanding of common game technologies, processes, and software development, exceptional skills in C++, and experience with Unreal Engine 4. Improbable is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion.
Our metaverse group helps our partners realise their metaverse ambitions. The team’s expertise encompasses creative (concept and design), production (art and content), engineering (game development and Web3) and operations (dev and live).
At Improbable, you’ll collaborate with some of the best in the industry. Together, you’ll create unique, tailored experiences that stretch the boundaries of what’s possible in digital spaces and virtual worlds – and help define what the metaverse can be.
- Have heavy involvement in the creation of software processes, pipelines, and discipline.
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the Engine features within the game.
- Display a high degree of discipline in following the software engineering processes.
- Create high-quality Engine content within industry-standard timelines.
- Have the ability to own a feature from receiving the design spec, through system design and implementation.
- Own a discrete area of the game and execute it with a high degree of quality, e.g.: Animation, Engine Features, Networking, Physics, Rendering, etc.
- Mentor more junior programmers.
Why You're Made For This:
- An expert in an Engine Programmer skill set (e.g.: Programming, debugging, maths etc) with shipped products that show an end-to-end understanding of the process.
- An excellent understanding of common game technologies, processes and software development.
- Knowledge and experience in self-managing workloads through Jira or another tracking methodology.
- Excellent in identifying issues and proposing solutions that improve software development processes or discipline.
- Exceptional skills in C++.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 (preferable).
- Ability to mentor and create tutorials, guides, or other important documentation for more junior staff members.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - Romania
Date found: 2023-04-29