Playground Games is looking for a Senior Encounter Designer to join our Fable team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As a Senior Encounter Designer, you will be working with the encounter team to deliver memorable combat encounters. You will take ownership of encounters, translating content requirements into encounter proposals and implementing your designs in game while driving collaboration with other disciplines.
Our ideal candidate is an expert Senior Encounter Designer who is passionate about their craft, has deep knowledge of encounter, gameplay and level design concepts, and has the track record to prove it.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Use propriety tools to implement encounters to the highest standard.
- Be a driver of collaboration between all disciplines involved in delivering encounters, acting as a champion of quality.
- Develop a thorough understanding of player verbs, using this to proactively suggest improvements and craft encounters which enhance gameplay.
- Mentor and support junior team members, providing feedback on design work.
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years of Encounter Design experience, with demonstrable work on at least 1 published title (ideally AAA).
- A portfolio demonstrating high-quality Encounter Design work. This portfolio can be submitted as a link to a portfolio website or added as an attachment along with your CV.
- A flexible, highly motivated and friendly approach to your work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A genuine passion for video games.
- Experience with text-based or visual scripting and level design tools.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a world-class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Country: United Kingdom