PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Director, Public Policy – EMEA
As Senior Director, EMEA Public Policy, you will lead public policy activity in EMEA, developing and executing legislative and regulatory advocacy strategies on a broad range of issues in support of the Sony Interactive Entertainment/PlayStation (SIE) business in the EMEA region.
Reporting to the Vice President, Global Public Policy, based in Washington DC, the role will be a critical member of SIE’s global Legal and Public Policy team. You will work collaboratively and transparently within SIE and alongside Sony Group companies as well as business leaders to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. You will be expected to monitor legislative and regulatory trends across EMEA, develop SIE positions and advocacy strategies on a broad range of policy issues impacting the video game industry and provide timely, relevant, and actionable insights and deliverables.
You will lead advocacy with a wide range of local, national and multi-national policymakers and other key external stakeholders on numerous issues across the video game industry, promoting and advocating SIE’s policy and regulatory objectives. You will also staff and maintain SIE’s participation in industry associations in EMEA.
The position is based in the UK or EU member state, preferably in Brussels.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Design and execute advocacy strategies for achieving policy goals with relevant legislative, administrative, regulatory and other governmental entities.
- Provide strategic direction to guide the development and positioning of policy positions and advocacy priorities.
- Identify, track and monitor regulatory and legislative initiatives to support SIE’s business interests.
- Inform SIE management and key stakeholders within the company and Legal team about pending regulatory and legislative developments to assist in product development strategies and business priorities.
- Collaborate with SIE’s CSR and ESG teams in the formulation of company relevant KPIs and priorities.
- Minimum of 10 -15 years of leadership responsibilities encompassing government affairs and public policy in the high-tech and media domains.
- Undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree or a Juris Doctor is preferred.
- Strong understanding of a wide variety of policy issues impacting video gaming, including privacy and data protection, intellectual property and content protection, e-commerce, tax incentives, content moderation, safety & trust, virtual currency, cryptocurrency, microtransaction monetization models, payments and fintech regulations, consumer rights and trade and technology transfers.
- Experience working with international, national and local governmental entities and a strong understanding of the policy and decision making processes by legislative and regulatory bodies and non-governmental organizations in EMEA.
- Experience working with industry trade associations in different geographies and successfully advocating for company member interests within those associations.
- Exceptional interpersonal and diplomatic skills, emotional intelligence, and judgment.
- Ability to influence, negotiate with and persuade others. Demonstrate strong judgment and decision-making skills and political acumen.
- Proven record in the development and oversight of broad range of government affairs programs, including issue management, campaign execution, coalition-building, political action and strategic communications.
- Excellent communications and influencing skills, including strong written and verbal presentation skills, ability to synthesize findings, and prepare and communicate status updates, recommendations and actions.
- Ability to navigate complex political and matrixed corporate settings to bring teams together to solve challenges and address opportunities.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills, with ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, deal with ambiguity, meet demanding deadlines and manage multi-dimensional projects in a fast-paced environment.
- A global mindset with the demonstrated ability to work across geographic boundaries to implement worldwide business and policy strategies.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed