Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
How would you like to help build the next great digital product for Dungeons & Dragons®? We are looking for a hardworking, inspirational, and experienced Senior Director of Technology to join our leadership team in bringing Digital D&D to life!
What You'll Do:
- Lead a core cross functional team of managers and Sr. engineers developing groundbreaking systems, affecting millions of customers internationally.
- Direct a portfolio of products that include delivering solutions to complex business problems for one of the most beloved brands in the world, Dungeons & Dragons.
- Build a diverse team of highly skilled engineers and technologists, crafting a culture of technical excellence, and influencing technology across Wizards of the Coast.
- Own all phases of the software development lifecycle, mentor senior engineers and managers, provide leadership on complex technical challenges and make tradeoffs that have big impact on the schedule.
- Work closely with Product teams to develop the strategy and forward-looking roadmap and meet with customers to learn about their challenges first-hand.
- Lead a team of engineers from gaming, core tech, and software development backgrounds to create the full D&D fan experience ranging from digital gaming to retail to entertainment.
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years of technical leadership experience across multi-million dollar business initiatives with global reach.
- Proven track record of handling critical company goals, strong business intuition, and a desire to grow and develop others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to influence business direction, frame solutions for non-technical partners, and be an advocate for driving innovation.
- Experience with big data, cloud computing, or large-scale distributed systems for commercial online services that require high availability and performance.
- Multiple instances of concept to completion development cycles with extensive operational and optimization experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
Location: Renton, WA
Country: United States