The Senior Director of Creative role at Jagex is a multifaceted position that requires expertise to guide, mentor, and coach both teams and individuals across a range of creative roles. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the vision and strategy for creative roles across the company, promoting quality and related practice in all areas of art, audio, game design and video. They will represent and champion the quality and position of these disciplines and challenge new ways of thinking from individuals and teams. Additionally, they will be responsible for fostering a creative community by stimulating and inspiring passion at all levels, leading creative training initiatives, and leveraging their extensive industry network to seek opportunities for the studio teams to learn and grow. The Senior Director of Creative will also be the public face of Jagex’s creative vision and mission, reaching out to the industry and wider community to promote Jagex. The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of end to end game development, from pitch and concept to full production and live games, and be capable of building studio level creative strategies and plans. They should have multiple projects shipped in a Director/Lead creative role, experience building game teams and mentoring creative leaders and managers, in-depth knowledge of online games, and expert knowledge of game art, game design and audio production, theories, processes, timelines, tools, and methodologies. Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development framework and MMO game development experience are a bonus.
As the Senior Director of Creative, you will drive the vision and strategy for creative roles across the company and promote quality and related practice in all areas of art, audio, game design and video. You will represent and champion the quality and position of these disciplines and challenge new ways of thinking from individuals and teams.
The role is multifaceted requiring expertise to guide, mentor, and coach both teams and individuals across a range of creative roles.
You are responsible for fostering a community for creative by stimulating and inspiring passion all levels. You will be the voice and champion for creative at a senior management level representing the crafts to exec and be part of a studio leadership team that drives change cross functionally.
Developing others is key to this role, you will lead creative training initiatives and by leveraging your extensive industry network seek opportunities for the studios teams to learn and grow. By always striving for excellence, you keep Jagex up to date and future proof with the latest international trends and theories.
It is expected you will be the public face of Jagex’s creative vision and mission, reaching out to the industry and wider community to promote Jagex.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Challenge and raise the skill level of current staff
- Identify and mentor top talent within the studio to wider roles and greater responsibility
- Guide thestaffing & development of multiple projects and pipelines
- Develop and actively maintain clear and concise career tracks and job descriptions
- Use industry networks to spot, attract and drive talent into Jagex
- Direct line management of Director of audio and their central studios audio team
- Continuously review and improve processes and pipelines
- Identify areas of improvements, establish and refine a vision, and work directly with game teams and creative services to implement
- Guide the staffing & development of multiple projects and pipelines
- Define requirements for greenlight and gateway milestone processes across creative remit
- Champion, foster and grow our creative community and define opportunities for innovation
- Accountable for the continued improvement of our process, and charged with pushing the studio forward into new thinking and practices
- Stay current on trends, recommend new tools & techniques
- Perform technical due diligence on potential 3rd party publishing partners
What we're looking for:
- Expert knowledge of end to endgame development, from pitch and concept to full production and live games
- Capable of building studio level creative strategies and plans.
- Multiple projects shipped in a Director/Lead creative role
- Experience building game teams & mentoring creative leaders and managers
- In depth knowledge of online games
- Expert knowledge of game art, game design and audio production, theories, processes, timelines, tools, and methodologies
- Familiar with Agile / Scrum development framework
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- BONUS: MMO game development experience
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Monthly Energy Allowance
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Country: United States
Date found: 2023-03-01