You’ll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, data scientists, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that will inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your research and/or analytics background coupled with your deep understanding of data will ensure that you’re an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
As a Sr. Director, Insights for League Studio, you’ll report to the Head of League Studio. You'll be part of the Studio leadership team, and work in partnership with leaders on game teams across the studio (Wild Rift, Teamfight Tactics, League of Legends PC). You’ll help those games build research & analytics teams that will conduct studies and analyses to help teams deeply understand their audience, opportunities, & product resonance in order to inform their direction, experience, systems, and features. You’ll maintain a consistent understanding of the health of performance metrics of games across the studio, diagnose key problems / opportunities, and deep dive into high complexity & value product questions on game teams across the pillar. You’ll support the Studio leadership team on studio level strategy, operations, and finance topics like goal setting, resource allocation, and organizational health. Your team's scientific skill-set coupled with audience insight will help ensure that we are crafting new games in a player-focused way.
- Help to cultivate the Insights discipline across the studio
- Mentor and grow the craft capabilities of insights and product management folks across the studio
- Work with studio, game, & discipline leadership to support workforce planning, staffing, and hiring for Insights positions on the BU
- Dotted line manage & support Insights leads on the game projects
- Maintain a consistent understanding of the health of performance metrics of games across the studio, diagnose key problems / opportunities, and deep dive into high complexity & value product questions on game teams across the pillar to identify / scope key issues and find plausible solutions
- Monitor key performance metrics (and the underlying data pipelines supporting them) to ensure we have a continual read of the health of our player base and can identify and diagnose issues in a timely manner
- Support teams across the studio in maintaining strategy & audience understanding for the game and helping studio leadership to validate their roadmap priorities are in alignment with that understanding
- Level up the strategic thinking of game’s leadership teams across the studio
- Support Studio leadership on strategy, operations, and finance topics
- Meet the insights/strategy needs of studio leaders on topics like studio strategy, operational efficiency, financial responsibility, and talent management
- Work with game teams across the studio to connect their strategy with broader studio strategy
- Support the strategic planning and forecasting (SPF) process for the studio by driving aggregation of game team OKRs to the Studio level and help translate Studio OKRs to the games; set targets for and monitor performance against development plans, goals, finances, & product KPIs
- Support the Studio leadership team in ensuring efficient and effective resource allocation (workforce planning, spend) on game projects across the studio
- 9+ years of experience in data analytics, research, business strategy, management consulting, product management, or related experience
- Working knowledge of both analytics and research, with 5+ years specializing in at least one
- 4+ years of experience managing individuals and teams
- 2+ years of experience working in game development or on game strategy
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Experience managing managers
- Experience working on a live service game with a free-to-play model
- Proficient knowledge of Tableau and SQL/Python
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed