Senior DevOps Engineer
Every day, millions of our users use our products, generating billions of requests and a massive amount of data. Our Cloud Platform Team strives to deliver a great product experience so that our users can enjoy our products anywhere, anytime they want. They build and automate the entire stack of high performance, large scale, geographically dispersed resources throughout its life-cycle to accommodate the high-growing user base. Join our Cloud Platform Team who is the spine of our growth and help them make sure that our services are up all the time.
Peak’s Cloud Platform Team is responsible for building, orchestrating, scaling and maintaining highly available systems. As a member of this team, you’ll have limitless exposure to all technologies used in the infrastructure of our products and Big Data platform, including numerous bleeding edge technologies. DevOps Engineers at Peak are responsible of architecting, building, maintaining and monitoring the entire infrastructure. Your team strives to automate everything possible. You will work together with fellow DevOps Engineers in a geographically dispersed team to ensure we provide a scalable and robust cloud delivery infrastructure.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- Work closely with the engineering teams to design, deliver and manage our services with high uptime.
- Develop effective tools, alerts, and responses to identify and address reliability risks.
- Master the Peak platform so that you can provide full stack diagnostics, when necessary, to help determine the root cause of internal problems and service issues.
- Automate, implement, administer and maintain our databases, cloud-based servers including provisioning, backups and restores, upgrades and monitoring.
- Together with your teammates you’ll be participating in on-call rotation. While we help each other out, you may find yourself dealing with an arising issue at any given time.
Desired skills and experiences
- BA/BS in Computer Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- At least 2-3 years of experience on highly-scalable, distributed systems in a Linux-based environment
- Experience with AWS and/or other public cloud computing platforms
- Experience in open source DevOps technologies, such as Kubernetes, Saltstack, Consul, Terraform, Prometheus, Docker, Ansible
- Solid understanding of application data flow and how it meets system infrastructure
- Strong automation mindset to continuously improve the production environment
- Experience in Linux system-level analysis to identify and mitigate risks in the infrastructure
Working at Peak
- Fast-paced environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture
- Relevant conferences abroad to stay up to date with the latest industry trends
- Team events and trips
- We support your personal and professional development with challenging projects and regular feedback
- Full health benefits
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20