PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior DevOps Engineer
At PlayStation, we're leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what's possible! Would you like to use your skills, time, and passion for meaningful projects that are building the future? We're looking for a Platform Engineer with proven experience in modern software delivery and loves crafting efficient, flexible and low friction workflows to build, release and deliver software. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us deliver a unique gaming experience to millions of players!
- Development and Implementation of our internal infrastructure platform.
- Onboarding and Integration of Services onto our Kubernetes platform.
- Collaborating closely with the Platform and Release Engineering Team as well as other teams on release process and automation.
- Improving Reliability, Performance and Feature Set of the infrastructure platform based on internal customer needs.
- Identifying and diagnosing issues in deployments together with software development teams.
- 3-5 years of experience with creating, implementing and executing Software Development Processes.
- Proven knowledge in working with bare metal systems on premise or in hybrid cloud environments.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to support engineers with solving problems in their build, test and release pipelines
- Experience with the Prometheus monitoring ecosystem
- Experience with Hashicorp Vault or similar secret management systems
- Experience with Ansible or similar workflow engines
- Experience with Netbox or similar inventory system
- Experience with Private Cloud and Public Cloud Environments (ideally Kubernetes, AWS)
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer-First Thinking
- Experience with collaboration in a distributed team across multiple timezones
- High energy and driven to positively impact the business.
- Being a Contributor to Open Source Software is a plus
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: Australia, Adelaide