The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for creating and adapting solutions to accommodate a variety of games, game-like content, technologies, teams, and approaches. They will be responsible for delivering build systems, in-engine tooling, infrastructure components, automated testing solutions, development processes, and alerting and reporting. The role requires expertise in DevOps Engineer skill sets, the ability to integrate directly into customer teams, and a prototype and rapid iteration mentality. The Senior DevOps Engineer will also mentor junior engineers and create tutorials, guides, or other important documentation for more junior staff members. Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or Perforce and any popular cloud hosting provider is preferable.
The ways that we develop, test, iterate and deliver our Metaverse experiences at Improbable are critical to our success. We need to create or adapt solutions that are flexible enough to accommodate a large variety of games, game-like content, technologies, teams and approaches. The solutions we apply must also reduce duplicated effort through sharing and re-use. It’s a fine line to walk and requires experience, pragmatism and empathy. Our ultimate goal is to industrialize our game development tools and processes, allowing us to experiment and deliver at a massive scale.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for learning, building, teaching and researching the foundations of our internal studios’ development toolkits. You will deliver build systems, in-engine tooling, infrastructure components, automated testing solutions, development processes and alerting and reporting. Our central DevOps function is a resource for our internal studios, providing them with the means to request and compose what they need to successfully develop their games.
- Have heavy involvement in the creation of development processes, CI pipelines, and workflows, focused on game engines and their components
- Architect infrastructure to support a growing customer base and adapt to changing customer requirements
- Create a platform for fast game development for many teams
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the build systems and pipelines used within the project, using data-driven metrics as the guiding source of truth
- Display a high degree of discipline in following the software engineering processes as well as passing this discipline to serviced customers
- Own automated processes, through requirements gathering, design and implementation
- Own a discrete area of the build system and execute it with a high degree of quality, e.g.: CI features, automated testing, build tools
- Mentor junior engineers
Why You're Made for This:
- An expert in a DevOps Engineer skill set (e.g: source control, CI, bug tracking, automated testing, build engineering, Jira etc) with successful projects that show an end-to-end understanding of the process
- Ability to integrate directly into customer teams to optimize their delivery models and set them up for future success
- Prototype and rapid iteration mentality, using pragmatic delivery methods to have a fast impact and quickly identify the best solution for a problem
- Ability to mentor and create tutorials, guides, or other important documentation for more junior staff members
- Skilled in one or more common scripting languages (Python, Bash, Powershell, etc)
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or experience with, or an understanding of Perforce, is preferable
- Experience with any popular cloud hosting provider (AWS, GCP, Azure), preferable
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - UK
Country: United Kingdom
Date found: 2023-03-24