Ready Player Me
Who we are
The metaverse is not a single app. It's a network of millions of virtual worlds people visit to play games, socialize and collaborate. Today, most of those worlds are closed and disconnected walled gardens. Ready Player Me is a cross-game avatar platform for the builders, creators and residents of the metaverse. We're on a mission to break down the virtual walls to build a more open and connected metaverse.
For developers, we offer a plug-and-play avatar system they can integrate into their games and virtual worlds in days. For metaverse residents, we're a portable virtual identity they can use across thousands of virtual worlds.
We started 2021 with 24 companies using our avatar system, by now it's more than 5000. We've created avatars for more than 5 million people since launching Ready Player Me.
Present and future
We are backed by top investors like Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Plural, David Baszucki, co-founder of Roblox, Justin Kan, co-founder of Twitch, Sebastian Knutsson & Riccardo Zacconi, King Games co-founders, Konvoy Ventures, Endeavor and Samsung Next among many others.
Our team has built avatar systems for companies like Tencent, Huawei, HTC, and Verizon since 2014. We are working with well-known brands like Warner Bros, Dior, New Balance, and RTFKT. We’re adding partner brands all the time!
By joining us, you’ll become a part of the most experienced avatar team in the world. We’ve built industry-leading avatar systems since 2014 and we’re only getting started. Come join us on our journey and play a key role in building an open and interoperable Metaverse!
We are looking for a passionate and skilled Senior Developer Advocate to join our growing team and be the face of the Ready Player Me in the developer community! You will help shape the developer community through code, blogs, tutorials, and presentations, and be a critical partner to Product and Engineering teams to build a great developer experience through constant feedback. You will help thousands of developers to build the future of gaming and the metaverse!
Your daily adventures will include:
- Creating technical content (blog posts, code samples) to teach and inspire developers.
- Being a bridge between communities and technologies via conferences, meetups, managing Discord community, and via other events and online channels.
- Collecting and delivering user feedback to Ready Player Me internal product and engineering teams.
- Traveling up to 40% of the work time.
- Working in a remote-first startup environment and feeling comfortable working across time zones.
What you bring:
- 4+ years of experience working as a Developer Advocate, or as part of a Developer Relations team.
- You love to code and have an active GitHub profile/ Youtube channel or website and a growing audience base.
- Experience writing for developers, ideally in the game development space.
- Great presentation skills and examples of presentations you have delivered.
As a bonus, it would be awesome if you:
- Have experience with developer lifecycle/ journey mapping.
- Have experience with Webflow and Hubspot.
- Have experience building scalable developer programs.
- Have knowledge about Web3 space.
- Have existing community presence in Unity and/or Unreal.
- Love to play games.
Why you’ll love it here:
🌏 Work as a remote-first team anywhere in the world or in our Tallinn or Berlin hubs. We currently already have people in 16 countries.
📚 Personal development - exciting challenges mean a big impact. To reach the next level, we offer a personal learning budget.
💤 Unlimited days off - we work hard, but it’s important for us to make sure people take time out to recharge.
🏖️ Holiday budget - we need your energy, so make the most of it!
✈️ Biannual company retreats and team gatherings in our hubs; our Summer Days are legendary.
🕟 Flexible working hours - Results are more important than hours on the clock: we trust you to maintain your work-life balance.
📈 Competitive salary with equity options
What’s life like at Ready Player Me?
At Ready Player Me, expect to make an impact and be a part of an ambitious, passionate, collaborative and caring team. We're here to do the best work of our lives, and build a world, both here and in the Metaverse, that we can be proud of. Our eNPS is 82! Our focus is on working together to build outstanding experiences for our users, at the forefront of change and innovation, as the Metaverse expands. We are a trusted partner, and we continuously strive to learn together. We always seek to be smarter tomorrow than we are today. Also check out our values.
Didn't find what you're looking for? Write us firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: USA, UK
Country: ,United States,United Kingdom