At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is on the lookout for talented Sr. Data Scientists who possess a passion for both games and big data. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of New York City.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Data Science team provide insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We partner with multiple departments across the company to design and implement data products and pipelines.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data pipelines, data products, data models, reports, analyses, and machine learning applications.
- The Game Analytics vertical is heavily focused on understanding our players and using data to improve our games.
- Assure Rockstar’s ongoing competitive advantage through best-in-class Machine Learning initiatives that have a high potential of applicability in industry.
- Design, develop, and deliver machine learning enabled solutions to address critical business or game questions.
- Identify and lead analytic experiments aligned with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Design and build validation tests to assess the efficiency of the model (or algorithm) in place and provide strategic insights to stakeholders.
- Conduct proactive in-depth analysis and predictive modeling to uncover hidden opportunities.
- Partner with data analysts, data engineers, data scientists, and stakeholders to better understand requirements, find bottlenecks, and implement resolutions.
- Help mentor and develop the skillsets of the junior team members within your team or department.
- 7+ years in data science or similar technical role required.
- Extensive knowledge of machine learning techniques such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, Data Mining, Clustering, and Classification.
- Experience in writing production-stable code (preferable in Python), pushing models to production, and iterating on models in production.
- Proficiency in statistics such as distribution theory, model assumptions, , data validation, and statistical testing.
- 5+ years of experience using Python for machine learning / statistical analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, with a strong quantitative background.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations and communicate with people at all hierarchical levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
- Autonomy and entrepreneurship.
- Strong team spirit.
- Passion for Rockstar Games and our titles.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience working with recommendation systems/engines from project ideation to ML development to production deployment/maintenance
- 4+ years using SQL (or a SQL-like language), other programming experience highly preferred.
- Experience with Hadoop and pySpark an asset.
- Graduate degree (MBA, MSc or Master’s, PHD), an asset.
- Game industry experience strongly desired.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed