At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
You possess the knowledge and skills in Data Architecture in Cloud, Data Engineering, Data Modeling, and Data Warehousing. In addition to supporting software engineers for data ingestion, the Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for supporting data analysts for data modeling and data transformation, Data scientists for data availability, and the Data Governance Council for data architecture and data warehousing.
The Senior Data Engineer will report to the Data Analytics Director and is supported by the Data Governance Council.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Develop, construct, test, and maintain architectures within the scope of Data Engineering
- Examine and refine the current data architecture in GCP to improve scalability to meet the company's vision.
- Control and oversee all technical aspects of data management, including the Data Catalog and Data Security
- Participate in the Data Governance Council and provide advice
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and data analytics partners to align architecture with business requirements
- Implementing and managing data ingestion and modeling, as well as data transformation
- Identify ways to improve the reliability, efficiency, and quality of data
- Developing data handling processes
- Oversee ETL/ELT transformations
- Integrate data with information systems, machine learning, and statistical methods
- Preparation of data for predictive and prescriptive modeling
- The responsibilities DO NOT include database administration
To be successful in this role, your background includes:
- 10+ years of related experience
- High technical proficiency in Cloud data architecture, data warehousing, and data management
- University degree in Computer Science and certifications, high performance indicating strong technical capabilities
- High proficiency in implementing and using data engineering technologies
- High proficiency in database management – SQL queries, database design, data warehouse design, database architecture, data system architecture, data integration
- Extensive experience with Google CLI, WebUI, Node.js, SQL, and Python
- Working knowledge of Google Cloud and BigQuery
- Experience with NOSQL databases, such as MongoDB
It is also very important that you can demonstrate:
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Logical thinking and problem solving
- Strong documentation skills; organization and ability to simplify complexity
- Continuous professional improvement to learn and apply current best practices
- Customer-oriented work ethic, with a focus to advise and deliver value to business stakeholders
- Must be able to work independently, have a management mindset
Having the flexibility to work from where you believe you can have the greatest impact is important to us. We know that one size doesn’t fit all - every team has the flexibility to find the right balance between in-office, remote, and hybrid in-office/remote. Don't live in Vancouver? Apply anyway! This role is open to being fully remote and we support the basic setups for our employees.
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- We know that one size doesn’t fit all - every team has the flexibility to find the right balance between in-studio, remote, and hybrid in-studio/remote.
- We offer extended health coverage effective day one, with no waiting period! We also have an employee assistance program to ensure our people’s mental and emotional well-being.
- Everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program for their RRSP (Canada) or 401K (USA).
- We offer paid parental leave, flexible paid time off (no worrying about how much time has been earned), as well as paid time off for volunteering.
- We encourage development through educational support, training sessions, skill development, knowledge sharing, and more!
- We encourage our team to help us hire the best talent through our referral program where they can earn up to $5,000 for a successful referral hire.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in North America, including Vancouver and Montreal in Canada, and Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Apply for this job
Location: Remote CA
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed