WHO WE ARE
We are ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
We are seeking a Senior Creature Artist who will work with a passionate team to develop high-quality 3D game assets. The artist will work and collaborate with gameplay designers, concept, animation, and other teams to create compelling creatures that lend to new and interesting gameplay. The candidate should be well versed in anatomy, shape language and able to develop designs that feel intrinsic to the game world from a gameplay prompt. More importantly, we are looking for a candidate who is eager, excited, and absolutely passionate about all things creature related as well as creating extraordinary assets for AAA games.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Concept and develop creature designs for game design prompts
- Develop and build stunning 3D creature assets
- Provide higher-level game design ideas
- Collaborate across team disciplines to ensure the overall quality of creature assets
- Set the quality bar through inspiration, work, and mentorship
- Has a keen eye for making improvements to our pipeline and processes
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Exceptional foundation art skills
- Strong understanding of human and animal anatomy
- Strong understanding of material definition, with the ability to texture and model a variety of materials
- Strong understanding of concept design and shape language to describe function and form
- Proficient in organic ZBrush sculpting
- Proficient in Maya, Photoshop, and Substance Painter
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excited positive attitude. Ability to collaborate and communicate across team disciplines
- Understanding of technical aspects of creature and gameplay design
- Ability to take and give criticism in a constructive but direct manner
- Self-motivated and passionate about continued education and the ability to share that knowledge with other team members
PLUSES (NICE TO HAVE)
- Hard surface sculpting and modeling experience
- Strong skills in 2D concepting
- Skin weighting and working on various rigs
- A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
Please include links to your current portfolio when applying.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed