PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) seeks a business-minded attorney who is well-versed in intellectual property, particularly in video games or other entertainment media, to work directly with our publisher relations and global partner services teams on matters relating to the development, publication and marketing of third-party games for the PlayStation console and services, as well as PlayStation’s developer technology and partner services support teams. As the lead European counsel for our Global Third-Party Relations and Global Partner Services teams, you will work collaboratively with other attorneys, legal professionals, business partners, and a variety of teams across our global business.
PlayStation offers the opportunity to work on pioneering legal issues in a technology company with an entertainment focus. Come join our team to help build world-class video gaming experiences that delight players and make PlayStation the best place to play.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build positive relationships with business partners and other internal collaborators by providing legal support for their engagements with world-class third-party publishers and game development studios
- Lead, manage and develop the European team responsible for providing legal support to SIE’s Global Third-Party Relations and Global Partner Services teams
- Draft and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts with external partners, including PlayStation platform license agreements, development and publishing agreements, co-marketing agreements, software licenses, content licenses, and vendor services agreements
- Structure and draft template agreements, including complex click-through agreements
- Coordinate with the Global Partner Services team on the design and implementation of simplified processes to support our partners, including click-through agreements and standardised terms
- Provide ongoing support for SIE’s content acquisition teams for PlayStation Plus, SIE’s multi-game subscription and cloud gaming service offering
- Provide ongoing support for SIE’s global technology partners group, including middleware agreements and technology integration agreements
- Provide ongoing support for SIE’s partner marketing teams, including clearance of third-party advertising featuring PlayStation branding
- Balance legal risks with business strategy to provide clear and practical legal advice to business partners with a focus on empowering the business
- Collaborate with other subject matter experts and colleagues within the legal department to provide practical and globally consistent solutions to the business
- Design and provide legal trainings, policies, and guidelines for business partners and the global legal team
- Develop a deep understanding of the video game industry, PlayStation’s portfolio of products and services, and relevant laws, by attending industry events and legal trainings
What we are looking for:
- A qualified lawyer with 10+ years’ post-qualified legal experience, preferably with 3-4 years working in-house in a video game, technology, or entertainment company with a focus on content licensing
- Expertise in intellectual property law, including copyrights and trademarks
- Significant contract drafting and negotiation experience, particularly in technology, IP or content licensing
- Experience advising and working with senior executives within a large, international organisation
- Consistent track record to think strategically, work independently and collaboratively
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment, using organisational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, with a business-friendly mentality and a desire to work closely with internal and external partners
- Passion for video games, entertainment, and technology
- Knowledge of the video game industry, virtual currency and other video game economy issues, open-source software licensing, and privacy and data security law is desirable
- Expertise in or familiarity with e-sports is desirable
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Hybrid Working (within Flexmodes)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United Kingdom, London
Country: United Kingdom