Skydance is seeking a Senior Corporate Counsel, Consumer Products & Intellectual Property to join their legal team. The ideal candidate should have experience in consumer products legal matters, intellectual property portfolio management, and managing multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment. The role requires the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment. The responsibilities include managing legal workflow with the company's consumer products division, managing the company's intellectual property portfolios, providing legal guidance and support to the consumer products business team, and creating a cohesive depository and database for the company's consumer products arrangements. The candidate should have a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school, 5+ years of experience at a top-tier law firm, and be a member in good standing of the California bar. The salary range for this position in Los Angeles is $180,000 – $195,000. Skydance is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
Skydance is looking for a Senior Corporate Counsel, Consumer Products & Intellectual Property to join the Legal team supporting all divisions at Skydance. The ideal candidate has substantial experience with consumer products legal matters (including merchandise licensing agreements and corresponding in-bound and out-bound rights analysis) and with intellectual property portfolio management; and has stellar organization skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
The role will require the ability to apply a commercial, common-sense approach to the work at hand while also maintaining attention to detail, as well as the ability to work independently while also being collaborative in a team environment.
- Manage all legal workflow with the Company’s consumer products division –– including negotiating and drafting merchandise licensing agreements; tracking and managing corresponding intellectual property rights (in-bound and out-bound) and contractual finance/accounting obligations and entitlements; and liaising with the Company’s intellectual property licensors, licensing agents and partners regarding the same.
- Manage the Company’s intellectual property portfolios –– including tracking, enforcing and making decisions regarding all Company trademark matters; tracking, registering and recording all Company copyright interests and entitlements; and liaising with the Company’s outside trademark counsel and intellectual property partners regarding the same.
- Serve as the Company’s point person for providing legal guidance and support to the consumer products business team and to the BA team regarding copyright issues.
- Serve as the Company’s point person for take-down notices and related enforcement activities against third-parties misappropriating and otherwise violating the Company’s intellectual property rights.
- Work across divisions to create a cohesive depository and database for the Company’s consumer products arrangements (and related contractual finance/accounting obligations and entitlements) and for the Company’s copyright and trademark portfolios (and related obligations and entitlements).
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school.
- Member in good standing of the California bar.
- 5+ years of experience at a top tier law firm (or in-house equivalent).
- Substantive and practical experience autonomously managing consumer products legal matters and intellectual property portfolios.
- Strong project management, time management and long-term planning skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, strategic thinking and reasoning skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently through demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information and interface with all levels of management.
- Positive attitude.
The salary range for this position in Los Angeles is $180,000 – $195,000. The salary offered may vary based on the candidate’s location, qualifications, experience and relevant expertise, among other factors. The range indicated is for base salary only and does not reflect the total compensation package, including bonus, benefits, etc.
We realize that skills and expertise can come from many different experiences and paths, and we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements as written in the job description.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you either from our “@skydance.com” email addresses or from the “@lever.co” email addresses of our candidate tracking system. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Location: Santa Monica, Los Angeles
Country: ,United States,United States
Date found: 2023-04-29