Gunzilla Games, an independent AAA developer, is seeking a Senior Core/Engine Programmer to design and develop core engine systems for their upcoming game, Off The Grid. The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of experience in game engine programming, a strong understanding of game engine architecture, proficiency in C++ and other relevant programming languages, and experience with multiplayer game development. The responsibilities include optimizing game and engine performance, debugging complex technical problems, and providing technical guidance to junior programmers. Gunzilla offers flexible working, health insurance, revenue-based bonuses, English/German courses, 25 annual paid vacation and sick days, public transportation, relocation and accommodation support, and office perks. The company values players first, commitment to engagement and quality, making bold moves and innovating, and being open and honest. The recruitment process involves filling in a registration form, submitting a CV and portfolio, a Zoom call with the recruitment team, hiring manager and team Zoom interviews, and a competency test for some roles.
ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent AAA developer working on its Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by serial entrepreneur CEO, Vlad Korolev and CSO Alexander Zoll. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent comes from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers (Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ etc) as well as Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp, Chief Visionary Officer, and the author of the Altered Carbon series, that has been adapted into a popular Netflix show, Richard K. Morgan, Script Writer.
Gunzilla Leadership team includes well-known industry professionals like Timur Davidenko, Chief Technology Officer (Far Cry, Warface, and Crysis), Scott Probin, Studio Director (EA Sports’ NHL series, the Need for Speed franchise, Populous 2, Powermonger, Space Hulk), Oleksiy Plaksin, Lead Art Director, (Moto GP and RIDE, Warface and Act of Aggression, Sniper: Ghost Warrior), Dmitriy Markov, Technical Director (Metro: Exodus, Arktika.1), Volodymyr Savin, Audio Director (Cut the Rope, Metro Exodus, HBO Chernobyl series).
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Senior Core/Engine Programmer will be responsible for designing and developing core engine systems for OTG (Off The Grid), an all-new AAA Battle Royale 2.0 third-person shooter, due for release on PlayStation®5, Xbox® Series X|S and PC.
They will work closely with other programmers, artists, and designers to ensure the game is performant, scalable, and feature-rich.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of game engine architecture and be able to design and implement systems that meet our technical and gameplay requirements.
- As a Senior Core/Engine Programmer, you will:
- Get deep into the internals of the Unreal Engine 5 to make it work with our game.
- Optimize game and engine performance and scalability for current and future hardware.
- Debug and solve complex technical problems related to the engine.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies in game engine development.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior programmers.
- At least 5 years of experience in game engine programming, with a focus on Unreal Engine.
- Strong understanding of game engine architecture, including rendering, physics, AI, and networking.
- Proficiency in C++ and other relevant programming languages.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Strong understanding of game design principles and gameplay mechanics.
- Experience with multiplayer game development.
- Verbal and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of other game engines and development platforms.
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.
Apply for this job
Location: FrankfurtKyiv /
Date found: 2023-03-17