Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Content creators are the backbone of the Twitch community. We are looking for a Senior Content Accountant to help support and scale the end-to-end deal lifecycle for our most valuable content creators. You will support content acquisition from deal ideation to payout- this includes negotiation support, drafting accounting memos, preparing cost and payout calculations, month end close activities, payment runs, and reporting. You are an in-the-details, data-loving multiplayer with an excitement to work both independently and collaboratively to solve big problems. You have a vision for and commitment to operational excellence, standardizing processes, and implementing best practices.
You will report to the Senior Manager - Content Accounting and will work with the content acquisitions, content finance, legal and tax teams worldwide. You are excited to navigate complex problems and are eager to use technology to build automated workflows. Responsibilities will evolve over time.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Be a part of the team responsible for the financial integrity of content-related commitments, assets, liabilities, and expenses.
- Work with content acquisitions, legal, IT and tax in designing systems (i.e. contract lifecycle management system) affecting content licensing.
- Review, process and document contractual agreements including interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
- Lead the development of content accounting policies, transform existing processes, field policy interpretation inquiries and ensure compliance with policy.
- Ensure payments are processed by obtaining payment support, ensuring tax compliance, responding to inquiries and effectuating payouts.
- Simplify and invent new ways to use systems to improve the contract review and summarization process from ideation to execution and payout.
- Take full ownership of your responsibilities and understand end-to-end processes.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting accounting transformation projects to achieve scalability and efficiency across processes and workflows.
- Take on ad-hoc requests and own projects in addition to your daily responsibilities.
- 4+ years of accounting experience at a quickly evolving company.
- Bachelor's degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A CPA license, Big Four public accounting firm experience, and system implementation and integrations.
- A natural love of data with advanced spreadsheet skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets and perform complex functions, and comfort with large datasets).
- Experience with contract reviews (revenue, leases, or other complex documents) and are unphased by high volumes.
- Curiosity and enthusiasm- unafraid to ask probing questions and challenge existing plans; ready to improve processes, own projects, automate manual workflows and to have fun while doing it all.
- Excitement to tackle a rapidly evolving ecosystem of issues, projects, and priorities.
- US GAAP and SOX controls expertise and ability to operationalize accounting guidance into policy.
- Experience accounting for content under ASC 920 or 926.
- Prior media and entertainment industry experience.
- SAP, Salesforce or other system implementation experience.
- Familiarity with Twitch as a platform; passionate consumer of all forms of content.
- Prior Deal desk experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut and Washington is $82,800 - $101,200 yr and in New York City is $91,080 - $111,320 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7298
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed