Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Psyonix is seeking a Senior Concept Artist to work on Rocket League and future projects. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has worked in production, has experience with a live game, and can thrive in a fast paced work environment. Our production culture is one of facilitation, organizing, and creating clarity in a rapid and agile development environment. Our ideal candidate must be self motivated and collaborative.
In this role, you will
- Create a wide array of concept art for vehicles, props and environments
- Assist 3D Artists with hard surface and organic asset concepts and paintovers
- Conceptualize assets using both real world accuracy and exaggerated elements for compelling results
- Assist with storyboarding for trailers and 3rd party projects
- Adhere to the look and feel of the game through the team’s feedback, while collaborating with other departments including design
- Create assets properly scaled to real world accuracy and standards
What we're looking for
- Strong foundation in art fundamentals of composition, design, light, form, scale, color and materials
- Experience in a production environment with strong understanding of asset pipelines and target milestones in a agile development environments
- Proficiency with Photoshop or equivalent software and experience with 3D software (Maya, Max, Blender)
- Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with latest technology and new techniques
- Desire and ability to work in a self-directed, fast paced work environment, and is able to drive projects to completion
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to accurately estimate tasks and maintain schedules
- Understanding of various art disciplines (animation, hard surface, environment)
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America and Europe including
San Diego, California
Cary, North Carolina
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed