Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Psyonix is seeking a Senior Concept Artist to work on Rocket League and future projects. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has worked in production, has experience with a live game, and can thrive in a fast paced work environment. Our production culture is one of facilitation, organizing, and creating clarity in a rapid and agile development environment. Our ideal candidate must be self motivated and collaborative.
In this role, you will
- Create a wide array of concept art for vehicles, props and environments
- Assist 3D Artists with hard surface and organic asset concepts and paintovers
- Conceptualize assets using both real world accuracy and exaggerated elements for compelling results
- Assist with storyboarding for trailers and 3rd party projects
- Adhere to the look and feel of the game through the team’s feedback, while collaborating with other departments including design
- Create assets properly scaled to real world accuracy and standards
What we're looking for
- Strong foundation in art fundamentals of composition, design, light, form, scale, color and materials
- Experience in a production environment with strong understanding of asset pipelines and target milestones in a agile development environments
- Proficiency with Photoshop or equivalent software and experience with 3D software (Maya, Max, Blender)
- Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with latest technology and new techniques
- Desire and ability to work in a self-directed, fast paced work environment, and is able to drive projects to completion
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to accurately estimate tasks and maintain schedules
- Understanding of various art disciplines (animation, hard surface, environment)
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed