About ProbablyMonsters™ Incubation Team
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Our Incubation Team focuses on prototyping new ideas, new game concepts, new franchises, and the incubation of new studios with the ambitious vision to create genre defining games for the next generation of players. This is one of those unique opportunities that only happen once in a lifetime.
We are looking for a Senior Concept Artist to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for [Our studio is looking for a versatile and experienced Senior Concept Artist to help us design a new genre-bending IP. Using expert knowledge of your craft, and visual design principals, you will join a character-focused action project in its incubation. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary group to design world-class characters and environments.
Who You Are
- Unwavering in your commitment to creating a positive and inclusive work environment.
- You strive for excellence and growth in your craft.
- You are a self-sufficient, motivated, and self-aware artist that champions quality.
- You have a deep understanding of visual design principals and how to apply them to create appealing designs that communicate gameplay and narrative intent.
- You have a strong understanding of modern concept design workflows and are excited about applying this knowledge to stylized visuals.
- You consider yourself a game-developer and understand how your work elevates the experience. The prospect of working in a highly collaborative, highly iterative, multidisciplinary environment excites you.
- You are proactive about championing the artistic vision of the product.
- You pride yourself in your ability to effectively listen to and communicate in clear and concise ways.
- Your portfolio reflects your experience, your love for creating resonant characters, compelling worlds, and your technical mastery of your tools.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with the Concept Team and Art Director to discuss the current concept work and support them in upholding the visual and experiential pillars of the game.
- Help drive visual development of a stylized new IP.
- Collaborate with Designers, Character Artists, Animators, to iterate on a new character in development.
- Paint over primitive environment block outs to explore a new environmental kit.
- Contribute to the narrative of through worldbuilding sketches, environment designs and keyframe art.
- Work closely with other disciplines to bring a visually memorable, great-playing character and experiences to life.
- Several years' experience as a Concept Artist
- Exceptional understanding of drawing and painting.
- Expert understanding of visual design principals, anatomy, composition, etc.
- Functional understanding of a 3D modeling DCC suite. (Zbrush, Blender, 3Dcoat, etc.)
- Experience giving clear, actionable feedback to your peers.
- Experience in Unreal Engine
- Stylistic flexibility
- 3D modeling, sculpting & texturing.
- Experience with traditional art - drawing, painting, sculpting, etc
Our Commitment to You
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed