Rovio is seeking a Senior Community Manager to create and execute community strategies that foster engagement, loyalty, and advocacy among players. The role involves managing, growing, and nurturing safe and fun community spaces for players, developing and executing social media and community strategies, analyzing and reporting on community sentiment, and being the voice and face of the game by participating in live streams and videos for the community. The ideal candidate should have strong English written and verbal skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage challenging situations that may arise in the community. A background or education in marketing or other related crafts and hands-on experience with video editing tools are preferred. The recruitment process involves a first meeting with the TA Partner, a call with a Hiring Manager, an assignment related to Community Manager daily activities, and a final round with the Community Team and Game team members.
Our Rovio Marketing function is looking for a Senior Community Manager who can create and execute community strategies that foster engagement, loyalty, and advocacy among our players. You will bring players and game teams closer together while delivering joyful experiences in Rovio community spaces.
Rovio Community Managers take care of building, growing and maintaining the community spaces for our games. This includes social media content in line with our brand guidelines, platform moderation, and engagement. Community Managers work as part of the game team, bringing the players and the game developers closer together.
How you will spend your time:
- Manage, grow, and nurture safe and fun community spaces for our players
- Develop and execute the game’s social media and community strategy with relevant stakeholders. This includes the content plan as well as tracking and reporting of relevant community KPIs
- Be the Voice of the Player - bring actionable feedback to the game team to improve the player experience
- Analyse and report on the community sentiment
- Be the voice and the face of the game by participating in live streams and videos for the community
- Work with both internal and external partners to create and develop content for the relevant platforms
- Act as a point of contact and manage relationships with any key influencers, moderators, etc., working together with the stakeholders to execute your tasks in line with business goals
- As a senior, you will mentor and support other team members with strategies and insights that can help level up the craft
- Evangelise for the Community craft to bring visibility of our work and its impact to the rest of the company
- Stay on top of community management and social media trends to maximise the impact of your community endeavours and experiment with new ideas to increase engagement and reach
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Strong English written and verbal skills, with great copy creation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Relationship building and management is at the core of the Community craft
- Comfortable being in front of the camera as the representative of the game towards the community
- Ability to process large amounts of information rapidly, keeping track of different simultaneous activities in your communities as well as collaborating with different stakeholders in multiple projects or campaigns
- Experience coordinating and managing content (images, videos and copy) for different platforms
- Ability to follow brand guidelines to keep our content and tone of voice cohesive in all our platforms
- Ability to manage challenging situations that may arise in the community
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Background or education in marketing or other related crafts
- Hands-on experience with video editing tools
- First meeting: You will meet the TA Partner to get acquainted and learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role
- Call with a Hiring manager: We will dive deeper into your skills and background, and also discuss what motivates you
- Assignment related to Community Manager daily activities
- Final round: You will have a chance to present your home assignment and meet with Community Team and Game team members.
About the Marketing Function
Mixing the world-class expertise of six different crafts – Product Marketing, User Acquisition, User Experience Research, Market Intelligence, Marketing Video Production, and Player Experience, our team’s main mission is to fuel the growth of our games portfolio. Largely embedded within game teams and in close collaboration with a large variety of stakeholders, our role is to identify, anticipate and make sure to satisfy our target audiences’ needs and wants. We do this across all touchpoints – from early research on new concepts, to how we reach out to millions of players through our marketing campaigns, or to how we engage them through our social networks and other discussion platforms.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.
What to expect when you join us
Meet the Rovians
Apply for this job
Location: Helsinki Metropolitan Area
Date found: 2023-03-11