Playground Games is looking for a Senior Cinematics Animator to join our Fable team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As Senior Cinematic Animator, you will be working with the cinematics team to deliver next level cutscene and bespoke animation content. You will have the opportunity to creatively control cutscenes, from previz to final polish, add world-building cinematic content, and own features of cinematic development.
Our ideal candidate is an expert animator who is passionate about their craft, skilled in visual storytelling, conveying emotion through performance, creating realistic motion capture and hand key animation, and has the track record to prove it.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Creating and polishing content for cutscenes, in-game cinematics, and bespoke animations.
- Quickly iterating on layout and previsualization.
- Collaborating with the Lead, Director, and cinematic team to discover the best performance and contribute to the project’s vision.
- Implementing cinematics into our custom, proprietary engine and ensuring they flow correctly with gameplay.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of animation experience, with demonstrable work on at least 2 published titles (ideally AAA).
- A portfolio demonstrating high-quality animation work. This portfolio can be submitted as a link to a portfolio website or added as an attachment along with your CV.
- Proficiency in motion capture cleanup.
- A genuine passion for video games.
- Previous experience in film, layout, cinematography, editing, or implementing animations in game engines is a plus.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a world-class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed