Guerrilla is looking for a Cinematic Tech Programmer to improve and extend the cinematic animation technology and tools used in our upcoming titles.
Who we are
At Guerrilla we love making world class real-time cinematic experiences.
The Cinematic Tech team works closely with other programmers, designers, and animators to create highly performant real-time cinematic systems. We also create the tools in the Decima Engine’s Editor our content creators use to build cinematics.
The system is based on a state machine of linear timelines. The user can customize the state machine with various logic to create non-linear scenarios and the timelines are used to create animation sequences. This creates a very flexible and powerful system which is, amongst others, used for anything from non-linear conversations, rappelling down a Tallneck to full on cinematics.
This system is where all departments join to create amazing visual statements. Anything from characters animating to VFX, lighting, camera work, facial animations, and sound, comes together here. The announcement trailer of Horizon Forbidden West shows our cinematic system in action.
Software created by the Cinematic Tech team supports our users in every step of the way, from importing animations and sounds to the Decima Engine’s editor, to playing them real time in the engine. We build and maintain flexible state of the art pipelines to and from various content creation tools. We create new content creation tools within the Decima Engine’s editor to optimize workflows and enable our users. We architect new runtime systems in the Decima Engine to push our technology even further.
What you will do
- You will work in a team of software engineers and interact closely with artists and designers
- You will work on our extensive real-time sequence system as described above
- You will architect, develop, and maintain new features and tools for our sequence and cinematic pipelines
- You will work side-by-side with artists, designers, and animators to realize their creative vision and optimize their workflows
Who you are
- You have at least 4 years of professional (C++) programming experience, preferably in the game industry
- You are experienced working on a large code base
- You are skilled in architecting and implementing larger systems
- You have strong user facing qualities and solid communication skills
- You have an interest in user experience and user interfaces
- You have a passion for making games
- You have an interest in animation and cinematography
- You have Python knowledge
- You have experience in content creation tools like Maya or MotionBuilder
- You have animation programming experience
- You have experience in camera/character/ facial animation and/or mocap
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! Be sure to submit your CV and a Cover/Motivation Letter; we like learning a bit about your background and your reasons for applying at Guerrilla.
When submitting an application, it would be great if you could provide us with the following supporting information:
- C++ code examples showing structured programming. (Candidates that cannot show code samples can indicate this and we can discuss alternatives.)
- Preferably a demo showing off work relevant for the job.
Please note: This position is based in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam. Guerrilla offers relocation and immigration support.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed