Why Join Us?
To put it simply: you’ll work with great people, making top-tier, high-quality interactive experiences with the best IP in the world. We set out to build an uncompromising vision for a game studio and found the ideal partner in Skydance to extend its reach and sustainability. To fully deliver our vision for these games we assembled the best external development, publishing and IP partners in the world. Our internal team will remain small relative to other AAA developers so we can all maintain the highest levels of familiarity, trust and effectiveness. You’ll be surrounded by industry veterans, currently with an average of 20 years’ experience, in a climate of mutual trust, maturity, candor and playful collaboration. We believe that life’s too short to work with difficult people, regardless of talent, so exceptional character and strong principles are requirements for every role. Your days will be focused on solving creative and technical problems, not navigating corporate politics.
We are open to a spectrum of remote working and office scenarios for staff. This will include regular team get-togethers and travel throughout the year, so we benefit from the best of both worlds – flexibility and efficiency as well as team cohesion.
Skydance New Media is open to hiring remote employees within California and Vancouver, British Columbia. Applicants must be willing to relocate to one of these locations.
What You’ll Do:
We are searching for a Senior Character Technical Artist to join our core team developing a high quality AAA single-player story-driven action-adventure game built using the Unreal Engine. Our art team is small, and we want to expand it with someone who can create industry-leading character rigs that run in real-time in Unreal. You will use your anatomical and technical expertise to create film-quality deformation and simulation rigs using the latest advances in deformation technology to get them running in engine in real-time. You will also contribute to the character animation pipeline and tools development to ensure our team of internal and external artists can deliver an unforgettable cinematic experience. We only hire talented, collaborative people with strong communication skills who are laser focused on achieving excellent results. #NewMedia #LI-Remote
In This Role, You Will:
- Create high quality animation, deformation, and simulation rigs utilizing offline and state-of-the-art runtime solutions.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and maintenance of animation, rigging, and cinematics tools using Python and PySide/Qt.
- Collaborate with the Character, Animation, and Technical Art Directors on developing pipelines for simulation setup and processing as well as character asset integration into the engine.
- Ensure animators can work smoothly and efficiently by creating fast rigs and well-designed tools.
- Setup characters in-game with Control Rig, cloth, hair, physics, and ZivaRT.
- Work with our external partners to ensure character assets fulfill the needs of our project.
We Are Looking For People Who:
- Have 5-10 years' experience in a character setup or CFX role in games or film.
- Expert-level knowledge and/or experience in character rigging in Maya and at least one of the following simulation technologies (nCloth, Vellum, Ziva, XGen).
- Have strong Python scripting experience creating animator and pipeline tools in Maya and/or Unreal using a Qt framework.
- Have a solid understanding of anatomy with the proven ability of delivering high quality skin and muscle deformation.
- Thrive in a self-driven environment and able to focus on team goals.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and contribute to a healthy company culture
- (Preferred) Have Unreal experience.
- (Bonus) Have C++ experience with Maya or Unreal.
What is Skydance New Media?
Amy Hennig (co-creator of the Uncharted series) and Julian Beak, both 30-year veterans in the game industry, have built a new studio with Skydance Media (the studio behind Mission: Impossible, Top Gun: Maverick, The Old Guard, Grace and Frankie) that is laser-focused on premium action-adventure games with rich, compelling stories. Our first productions will tap into the traditions of adventure cinema to create an engaging, energetic experience that captures the spirit of TV and film to excite both gamers and non-gamers alike. These games will be best-in-class for both visual fidelity and innovative gameplay on the latest console platforms and PCs.
Visit Our Website: Skydance New Media
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed