We are looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Character Artist to work on Crysis 4 (Working Title).
As a Character Artist, you will be responsible for designing, executing, and creating characters for new installment in the Crysis franchise.
*Sample pictures or a link to a webpage, which shows sample work, are required.*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Creating in-game characters from scratch following a concept art or art direction by keeping in mind and following the technical requirements.
- Creating of textures (diffuse, normal map, specular, bump) needed to display a photo-realistic humanoid in game.
- Working closely with Tech Art, concept art and other dependent departments throughout the character production process.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a Character Artist role.
- Finished at least two (2) AAA title game with full development in-house experience.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to create believable photo-realistic humanoid characters within a game's engine.
- Ability to creatively translate concepts, ideas into authentic characters with an attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of human body anatomy.
- Ability to create all textures needed for creating photo-realistic looking humans and creatures.
- Ability to create game ready assets that work well within the given technical limitations that are rigging and animation friendly.
- Strong knowledge of a 3D hard surface modelling software (3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush or other recognized tools).
- Strong knowledge of current texturing pipelines (Substance, Quixel and Photoshop).
- First person shooter game in-game character art experience is preferred.
- AAA game company work experience is preferred.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Be proactive, self-motivated and be able to work without direct supervision.
What you can expect from us
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio.
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives.
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.*
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).*
Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro – free of charge.*
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity.
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family.
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.
Apply for this job
Location: Frankfurt & Remote
Date found: 2022-11-19
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed