Bit Reactor is seeking a Senior Character Artist with 5+ years of experience in the game industry to work on their Star Wars project. The ideal candidate should have a high-level knowledge of anatomy, sculpting, and texturing with strong overall artistic sensibilities. The responsibilities include creating unique and modular character assets, collaborating with the character and animation team, ensuring character assets meet specifications, and maintaining the visual aesthetic throughout the game. The qualifications include proficiency with industry standard tools, understanding of PBR workflows, and experience with contemporary character modeling pipelines. Candidates must provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test. Bit Reactor prefers candidates who are willing to relocate to Hunt Valley, Maryland, but is open to remote options.
Bit Reactor is looking for a Senior Character Artist to join our Star Wars project and bring characters from across the galaxy to life. You will work closely with the Character Lead and concept team to create and maintain stunning characters and creatures. You should be able to display a high-level knowledge of anatomy, sculpting and texturing with strong overall artistic sensibilities.
- Create unique and modular character assets with varying scale and complexity.
- Collaborate with character and animation team to create technically sound, appealing, and memorable characters that add to the Star Wars Universe.
- Ensure character assets meet specifications provided by all relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain the visual aesthetic throughout the game.
- Provide character models of the highest visual and technical quality, while maintaining efficiency and consistency across the game.
- 5+ years’ experience in the game industry working on a AAA title.
- Experience with a contemporary game engine (Unreal Engine/Unity).
- Proven understanding of human anatomy, proportion, form, and body mechanics.
- The ability to work autonomously and own portions of the content pipeline.
- Proficiency with industry standard tools such as ZBrush, 3D Studio Max and Maya.
- Solid understanding of PBR workflows and experience working with Photoshop, Substance Painter.
- Experience with contemporary character modeling pipelines and efficient usage of UV layouts and texturing.
- Understanding of character rigging and skinning.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- A current character portfolio with an eye for optimized 3D characters.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- Knowledge of real-time shaders.
- Strong traditional art skills.
Candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
Bit Reactor prefers to hire candidates who are willing to relocate to Hunt Valley, Maryland, but is open to remote options.
Location: Hunt Valley, Maryland, USA
Country: United States
Date found: 2023-04-11