PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Aliso Viejo, CA
The Business Intelligence and Data Science Enablement team's mission is to provide advanced analytical insights and capabilities to inspire and optimize the future direction of the business. The team consists of a group of industry and methodical experts, all focused on bringing our player's experiences to life. Through championing a multidisciplinary view of our gamers, we bring the voice of the player to life, representing their choices, behaviors, appetites, aspirations and needs to the decision-makers at PlayStation.
Our team is building an internal self service data platform that encompasses collection, processing, visualization, analysis, anomaly detection, root case and predictive modeling for both qualitative and quantitative data from all our users. We specialize in game streaming telemetry and prepare highly sophisticated analysis with real time intelligence captured to highlight paths of improvement for the quality of experience.
Our active projects include analysis for the cloud gaming experience which includes streaming and launch experience, user behavior profiling, user base segmentation, concrete cluster detection, effective personalized recommendations, lifetime value analysis, capacity management and subscription churn analysis.
As a Senior BI Analyst on our team, you will wield the power of data to enable us to deliver a best-in-class cloud streaming performance and experience to our players across the world.
- Help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, making more thoughtful decisions and contextual relevance in order to deliver even better gaming experience
- Analyze data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and build common understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content.
- Drive improvements in data quality and structure within the data warehouse and perform data profiling to identify anomalies
- Partner with multi-functional teams to understand their specific reporting needs and requirements, and develop interactive reports and dashboard
- Advise on approaches to evaluate and measure the effectiveness of solutions based on quantitative usage data and qualitative discussions with end-users and partner
- Design, build, and maintain automated reporting, dashboards, and ongoing analysis to enable data driven decisions across our team and with partner teams
- Communicate with internal teams to showcase results and identify standard processes
- Contribute unique, personal ideas that provide insights impacting gaming experience and quality
- Collaborate with other data engineers, Scientists and Analysts on the broader organization to identify standard processes and leverage existing analytical assets
- Extensive background and demonstrated track record in building analytical models in SQL.
- Deep technical skills, including experience with analytics, query and data visualization tools.
- Excellent analytical and forecasting ability
- Superb communication skills, and the ability to explain deep technical results to diverse groups of partners.
- A life-long learner who is curious, has a passion for solving hard, ill-defined problems, has comfort taking initiative and who continuously seeks to improve their skills and understanding.
- Enjoys working in a team environment as well as independently.
- Experience with CI/CD for Analysts
- Experience with Snowflake, dbt, and Python is preferred.
- Experience with semi structured data (JSON/XML)
- High interest in gaming
- Experience with OpenSearch, Tableau, Imply, Hex, or similar
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, Aliso Viejo, CA
Country: United States