Improbable is seeking a candidate to join their team as a Build and Release Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating development processes, CI pipelines, and workflows for game engines and their components. They will also be responsible for architecting infrastructure to support a growing customer base and adapt to changing customer requirements. The candidate should have experience with source control, CI, bug tracking, automated testing, build engineering, and Jira. They should also have experience with Unreal Engine 4 and cloud hosting providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure. The candidate should have a prototype and rapid iteration mentality and be able to mentor junior engineers.
At Improbable, we’ve been venturing into unexplored territory for over a decade, seeking new ways to connect people and amplify their lives. We’re shaping virtual worlds of unprecedented scale for the gaming, web3, and related sectors, creating world-changing technology from Morpheus to M2. With us, you’ll tackle questions that no one else is asking and find answers that define the future.
We’re leading the way in defining what the metaverse can be. This is where you get to explore interconnected, immersive, exciting worlds that have never been seen before and where you decide what the future looks like. Are you ready?
The ways that we develop, test, iterate and deliver our Metaverse experiences at Improbable are critical to our success. We need to create or adapt solutions that are flexible enough to accommodate a large variety of games, game-like content, technologies, teams and approaches. The solutions we apply must also reduce duplicated effort through sharing and re-use. It’s a fine line to walk and requires experience, pragmatism and empathy. Our ultimate goal is to industrialize our game development tools and processes, allowing us to experiment and deliver at a massive scale.
- Have heavy involvement in the creation of development processes, CI pipelines, and workflows, focused on game engines and their components
- Architect infrastructure to support a growing customer base and adapt to changing customer requirements. Creating a platform for fast game development for many teams
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the build systems and pipelines used within the project, using data-driven metrics as the guiding source of truth
- Display a high degree of discipline in following the software engineering processes as well as passing this discipline to serviced customers
- Own a discrete area of the build system and execute it with a high degree of quality, e.g: CI features, automated testing, build tools
- Mentor junior engineers
Why You're Made for This:
- Experience with source control, CI, bug tracking, automated testing, build engineering, Jira etc) with successful projects that show an end-to-end understanding of the process
- Ability to integrate directly into customer teams to optimize their delivery models and set them up for future success
- Prototype and rapid iteration mentality, using pragmatic delivery methods to have a fast impact and quickly identify the best solution for a problem
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with, or an understanding of Perforce (preferable)
- Experience with any popular cloud hosting provider (AWS, GCP, Azure), preferable
- Ability to mentor and create tutorials, guides, or other important documentation for more junior team members
- Skilled in one or more common scripting languages (Python, Bash, Powershell, etc)
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - UK
Country: United Kingdom
Date found: 2023-03-24