Why Join Us?
To put it simply: you’ll work with great people, making top-tier, high-quality interactive experiences with the best IP in the world. We set out to build an uncompromising vision for a game studio and found the ideal partner in Skydance to extend its reach and sustainability. To fully deliver our vision for these games we assembled the best external development, publishing and IP partners in the world. Our internal team will remain small relative to other AAA developers so we can all maintain the highest levels of familiarity, trust and effectiveness. You’ll be surrounded by industry veterans, currently with an average of 20 years’ experience, in a climate of mutual trust, maturity, candor and playful collaboration. We believe that life’s too short to work with difficult people, regardless of talent, so exceptional character and strong principles are requirements for every role. Your days will be focused on solving creative and technical problems, not navigating corporate politics.
We are open to a spectrum of remote working and office scenarios for staff. This will include regular team get-togethers and travel throughout the year, so we benefit from the best of both worlds – flexibility and efficiency as well as team cohesion.
Skydance New Media is open to hiring remote employees within California and Vancouver, British Columbia. Applicants must be willing to relocate to one of these locations.
What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Build and Release Engineer you will help develop a high quality, AAA single-player story-driven action-adventure game using Unreal Engine 5. Our engineering team is small, and we want to grow it with someone capable of bringing deep expertise in build infrastructure, test automation, runtime monitoring, and developer experience along with insights across all areas of the codebase to get results. We only hire talented, collaborative people with strong communication skills who are laser focused on achieving excellent results. #NewMedia #LI-Remote
In This Role, You Will:
- Design, implement and maintain our build and release infrastructure to ensure our internal and external teams have an effective and efficient Unreal 5 development experience
- Evangelize and support automated testing and monitoring to establish high build reliability and quality
- Collaboratively define high level project health metrics and assist the team in tracking to them
- Take initiative to maintain the health of the project and build infrastructure
- Identify and integrate middleware in support of any of the above
- Collaborate with everyone, including designers, artists, animators and other engineers
- Work with external engineering partners to write and evaluate technical briefs and assess deliverables
- Partner with a number of external engineers to ensure predictable and timely delivery of our build and release infrastructure features
- Make recommendations on best practices for development in Unreal Engine 5
We Are Looking for People Who:
- Have at least five (5) years professional programming experience and have taken a large game through all stages of production
- Have experience working with at least one build system (Jenkins, TeamCity, or proprietary)
- Thrive in a self-driven environment
- Take risks in order to push the technology forward in new and innovative ways
- Exhibit excellent C++ skills and software engineering principles
- Have a high-quality bar for results and the engineering discipline to get there
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have experience coaching, leading, or managing other engineers
- Have proven examples of owning systems and features in any aspect of game development
- Experience using Unreal Engine is a plus
What is Skydance New Media?
Amy Hennig (co-creator of the Uncharted series) and Julian Beak, both 30-year veterans in the game industry, have built a new studio with Skydance Media (the studio behind Mission: Impossible, Top Gun: Maverick, The Old Guard, Grace and Frankie) that is laser-focused on premium action-adventure games with rich, compelling stories. Our first productions will tap into the traditions of adventure cinema to create an engaging, energetic experience that captures the spirit of TV and film to excite both gamers and non-gamers alike. These games will be best-in-class for both visual fidelity and innovative gameplay on the latest console platforms and PCs.
Visit Our Website: Skydance New Media
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed