Not your first rodeo? Been working on servers for a few years now? Automation gets you super excited? You possess a strong technical background and have a high degree of appreciation for video games and how they are designed and built server side? You're laser-focused on the details yet manage to think beyond the current state of things.
Come chat with us! Kabam Montreal is looking for a Backend Game Developer to join our growing team!
Here’s what you can expect to do:
- General game development programming, including UI, debugging,
- Participate in development scheduling and hit deadlines for assigned tasks
- Implement well-architected systems that are robust, flexible and performant
- Implement core engine-level systems
- Prototype new gameplay ideas and concepts
- Work closely with the Technical Director and take technical feedback
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for:
- Practical experience authoring code and script in Angular and C# (C++ is an asset)
- Software engineering experience with server-based technologies
- Solid problem-solving skills
- A proven track record of collaborating and contributing within a dynamic team setting
- The ability to work independently on given tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In addition, it is nice to have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience of developing in a live service environment
- Proficiency in Unity3D, along with Unity GUI / NGUI frameworks
- Experience with SCM tools (Git / Jira )
- js and NoSQL experience (Ideally Node.js / MongoDB )
- Experience building synchronous multiplayer games.
- Up-to-date knowledge on the latest mobile gaming trends
- Practical knowledge of the iOS and Android platforms
- Experience in debugging, performance profiling and code analysis
- Experience working in Agile and similar project management methodologies.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start a conversation with us.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in North America, including Vancouver and Montreal in Canada, and Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed