1047 Games began with the simple principle that people should have fun while making great games. Bucking convention and driven by a passion to create the ultimate gaming experience, Ian Proulx and Nicholas Bagamian founded 1047 Games in 2017 in their Stanford dorm room. Their love for arena shooters of the past drove them to create Splitgate, a unique sci-fi first-person shooter that adds portal guns to upend the genre.
What started as two computer science majors putting portals into a first-person shooter for a project demo has evolved into a VC-backed company which has raised more than $120MM in funding.
At 1047 Games, you’ll find a permanently remote, dedicated team of top-tier talent from some of the world’s biggest gaming and tech companies who share our founders’ vision. Grit, ingenuity, a desire to have fun, and a start up mentality define our crew. We are currently working on a brand new shooter in the Splitgate universe.
What We're Looking For
- A passionate engineer: You love to take on difficult, seemingly impossible technical problems and dig in to find creative ways to solve them
- A hard worker: You love to put in the extra effort, not because you are told, but because you enjoy your work and know the impact of finishing the tasks on hand
- A passionate gamer: You are a gamer who grew up playing games and can recognize what separates exceptional games from the average ones. You understand the mindset of gamers which enables you to create and implement features that will further benefit the game
- Designing and writing many of our global and game specific services, including but not limited to matchmaking, game server scaling, player stat tracking, player notifications, user generated content serving, chat, and much more
- Finding and fixing performance bottlenecks with efficient solutions in order to support millions of concurrent players
- Writing performant and maintainable code which includes documentation, unit tests, and integration tests
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 4+ years of backend engineering experience
- Experience solving distributed systems challenges; we look for people who can assess a challenge, craft a scalable solution, and run with implementation
- Ability to serve as a component owner for software with a large user base, with focuses on maintainability and high reliability
- Distributed systems programming experience (we use C#)
- Experience working in fast paced environments (like small startups)
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud platform providers
- Dotnet experience