Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Backend Engineer to join our game backend team.
As a Backend Engineer, you will design systems to handle a large number of players in a fault tolerant way. You possess a strong technical background and have a high degree of appreciation for backend systems design. You will be joining a team that is building one of the newest universal entertainment titles for Kabam.
You will be working with a diverse set of professionals from very knowledgeable programmers to talented artists and storytellers
In this role, you can expect to:
- Develop backend systems (Web client and Server-side logic) (design, architect, implement, document, test, and support)
- Collaborate with game designers and other engineers to develop LiveOps tools and game features
- Be responsible for ad-hoc projects and/or requirements as they arise
- Work toward scalability and reliability of our games
In order to be successful for this role, we are looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expert in software engineering with back-end/server-side technologies
- Strong web development experience
- Strong database experience (any RDBMS)
- You have worked on a RESTful API system
- Experience in working in a mixed team environment of engineers and non-engineering professionals
- Good experience working with source control
- Able to effectively communicate and translate between general ideas and technical practices
It will be a plus if you also have:
- Experience dealing with scalability and performance optimization
- Experience in C#, Node.js, C++
- Experience in Unity3D, PostgreSQL, and Redis
- Practical knowledge of the iOS and Android platforms
- Experience in professional game production
- Experience working with Google Cloud / AWS
- An active Github profile
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply now.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in North America, including Vancouver and Montreal in Canada, and Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed