Improbable is looking for a software engineer to join their metaverse group, which helps partners realize their metaverse ambitions. The engineer will be responsible for creating software processes and pipelines, translating high-level requirements into actionable plans and solutions, and owning a feature from planning to operation. The ideal candidate should have experience building backend services and APIs, operating cloud infrastructure, and architecting systems that consider the perspective of the wider team. Improbable values diversity and encourages individuals who identify with their team and mission to apply.
Our metaverse group helps our partners realise their metaverse ambitions. The team’s expertise encompasses creative (concept and design), production (art and content), engineering (game development and Web3) and operations (dev and live).
At Improbable, you’ll collaborate with some of the best in the industry. Together, you’ll create unique, tailored experiences that stretch the boundaries of what’s possible in digital spaces and virtual worlds – and help define what the metaverse can be.
- Creation of software processes and pipelines - developing tested and production ready code
- Lead by example with a high degree of discipline following software engineering processes
- Translating high level requirements into actionable plans and solutions
- Own a feature from planning, through system design, implementation and operation
- Own a discrete area of the system and execute on it with a high degree of quality and autonomy
- Mentor more junior engineers
- Continuously improve the way of working and systems
Why You're Made For This:
- Experience building backend services and API’s - preferably with Typescript, but other languages like C#, Java, Go, etc are also welcome
- Experience building and operating cloud infrastructure with cloud providers like GCP, AWS or Azure
- Experience to build and maintain Infrastructure-as-Code, CI/CD pipelines, Observability
- Able to architect systems that consider the perspective of the wider team allowing us to limit blast radius and scale systems/operations
- Able to work independently and autonomously
- Good communication skills with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- Passion for product based development, transforming ambiguous needs into concrete and impactful technical solutions that deliver customer value and have impact in the metaverse industry
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - UK
Country: United Kingdom
Date found: 2023-04-29