We're looking for a talented and passionate Senior Backend Engineer to join Wildlife's Platform Core team in São Paulo, Brazil.
As a Sr Backend Engineer, you'll work directly with several teams such as the games' teams, product, marketing, data science, and data engineering to develop world-class platforms that are used in our games' creation, operation, and distribution. Our main goal is to empower and enable each of those teams to do their work faster and better, making our games reach the next billion people. We'll need you to understand our systems flows, identify common demands from different teams, and work in close collaboration both within the team and with different parts of the organization to design secure, resilient systems with great usability and performance.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a "take the initiative" environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
This is a Diversity & Inclusion position
At Wildlife we encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work every day. This is the most diverse generation and we believe that diverse and inclusive teams have the power to level up the company. We have multicultural teams spread all around the globe and as we continue to grow, we want to create an environment where people from all backgrounds feel like they can thrive. People like you, with your own history, your own perspective. A place where you can be yourself.
Happiness has no gender, no skin color, no age, no badge... everyone wants to be happy and we want to make our players, and most importantly our people - with our values, rituals, benefits, and people programs - happy with the products and services we deliver. To achieve this, we will sponsor diversity initiatives and reinforce the existing ones, such as Wild Pride, Wild Panthers, and Women++.
What you'll do
- Design, implement, deploy and maintain systems and platform products that will be used in the games' development, operation and distribution.
- Identify typical demands from clients, design and propose solutions that improve everything from their operation to the end-user experience.
- Detect and fix problems in the production environment.
- Contribute to the best practices of development, reliability, and availability of our systems.
- Handle significant volumes of data in real-time systems.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Broad analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Solid understanding of computer science concepts (data structures, networking, concurrency, memory management, algorithm analysis, etc).
More about you
- Empowering teams is key to scaling. We look for engineers that have a history of designing systems and services that enable others to do their best work. You have a keen eye for standard features and demands and can build from different requirements and expectations to a common ground.
- Metrics focused. We are metrics oriented, and our systems have a high impact on the performance of our games. You have an analytic mindset and focus on ensuring visibility to your clients. You aim for superior system design, guaranteeing the highest availability possible.
- High scale and low-latency. You are excited about the challenges brought by high scale and low-latency requirements. You thrive when discussing the architecture and best practices of such systems and have great attention when developing its internals to ensure an efficient and easily maintainable code.
- Love to learn. We value professionals that like to learn new things, are autonomous and proactive to bring and implement their ideas.
- Team player. You know that great work can only be achieved through collaboration and diversity of ideas. You are willing to help out wherever needed and are always looking for different inputs from your team.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Wildlife is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
Location: São Paulo, Brazil