PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts and PlayStation Studios Malaysia are both passionate teams within the PlayStation family, made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world.
Always at the cutting edge of technology, the teams work with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more PlayStation first-party teams, providing world-class content development and services to these studios.
Currently working on PlayStation’s well-known and well-loved franchises, our Asset Art team in PlayStation Studios Malaysia is looking for talented, highly-motivated and creative Senior Asset Artists to breathe life into the next chapter of in-game and cinematic storytelling.
Why work when you can play? This is life at PlayStation!
- Create in-game or cinematic art assets according to Visual Arts/client specifications, may be required to create both hard surface and soft bodied assets from scratch.
- Fix/ Modify/ Polish existing art assets to the required specifications.
- Take an asset from grey box to final quality.
- Integrate approved art assets into game engines; may need to perform set dressing too.
- Adjust and apply multiple asset creation pipelines, and techniques.
- Test in-game assets, for both aesthetic aspects and performance on consoles.
- Keeping up to the required level of quality and productivity standards set by Art Supervisor/ Lead Artist.
- Understand, interpret and adopt feedback from supervisors and/ or clients alike to improve production outcome/ performance.
- Coach/ Mentor junior members in the asset art team in maintaining/ exceeding the required level of productivity for creation of art assets.
- Contribute to a creative, collaborative and fun working atmosphere amongst the team.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in asset production with exposure to at least 2 shipped AAA titles.
- Strong understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding modelling.
- Expert and hands-on knowledge of in-game and cinematic art asset creation.
- Advanced understanding of Maya and Substance; as well as ZBrush or Mudbox.
- Advanced understanding of in-game art asset creation including hardsurface props, soft rigid assets such as clothing items, vehicle, weapons, etc.
- Strong PBR texturing experiences using Photoshop, Substance and familiar with ZBrush and high poly sculpting.
- Strong UV mapping and mesh optimization skills.
- Ability to use in-game technology to finalize assets.
- Strong understanding of in-game testing to test/optimize for frame rate while balancing aesthetic needs.
- Experienced with set dressing within a game engine, ideally a AAA game engine (Unreal, Crytek, or proprietary).
- Advanced understanding of environmental storytelling.
- Strong foundation art skills, including composition, design, and colour theory.
- Strong traditional painting skills.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed