PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts and PlayStation Studios Malaysia are both passionate teams within the PlayStation family, made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world.
Always at the cutting edge of technology, the teams work with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more PlayStation first-party teams, providing world-class content development and services to these studios.
Currently working on PlayStation’s well-known and well-loved franchises, our Asset Art team in PlayStation Studios Malaysia is looking for talented, highly-motivated and creative Senior Asset Artists to breathe life into the next chapter of in-game and cinematic storytelling.
Why work when you can play? This is life at PlayStation!
- Create game art assets based on provided art briefs.
- Fix/modify/polish existing game art assets to requirements/requests/benchmark(s).
- Integrate approved art asset(s) into game engine(s); may need to perform set dressing as well.
- Adjust and apply multiple asset creation pipelines, and techniques.
- Test in-game assets, for both aesthetics and performance on console.
- Maintaining the required quality and productivity standards set by Art Supervisor and Lead Artist(s).
- Understand, interpret and adopt feedback from supervisors and/ or clients alike to improve production outcome/ performance.
- Mentoring junior members in the asset art team in maintaining or exceeding the required level of productivity for the creation of art assets.
- Contribute to a creative, collaborative and fun working atmosphere amongst the team.
- Assist Art Supervisor(s) and Lead Artist(s) to perform asset reviews.
- Assist Art Supervisor(s) and Lead Artist(s) to prepare/expand/edit documentation.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in asset production with exposure to at least 2 shipped AAA titles.
- Strong understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette.
- Expert and hands-on knowledge of in-game and cinematic art asset creation.
- Advanced understanding of Maya/3DS Max/Blender and Substance Painter, Photoshop, as well as ZBrush or Mudbox.
- Advanced understanding of in-game art asset creation.
- Strong high-polygonal modelling and sculpting.
- Strong PBR texturing experience.
- Strong UV mapping and mesh optimization skills.
- Ability to use in-game technology to finalize assets.
- Strong understanding of in-game testing to test/optimize for frame rate while balancing aesthetic needs.
- Advanced understanding of environmental storytelling.
- Experience dealing with photogrammetry and scan data.
- Experience with Substance Designer and Marvelous Designer.
- Strong foundation art skills, including composition, design, and colour theory.
- Strong traditional painting skills.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
Generally, We Obtain This Information Through Our Recruiting Team
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories.
- Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
- Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: Malaysia, Petaling Jaya