Wizards Of The Coast
We are looking for a skilled Senior Art Manager that will to be responsible for our art talent and pipeline to deliver AAA content and features for our game. You will be an integral part our art leadership and use your experience to guide the careers of those in the art department, help them grow in their craft, and be a positive influence for them daily
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with the Studio Art Director and Leads to understand and communicate the visual goals of the project externally, and help maintain consistency of the artistic vision with outside teams.
- Partner with the Production Team and Art Leads in the overall management of external art schedules and resource plans.
- Track and provide specific visual feedback on all assets throughout the stages of production, to completion.
- Build and implement the art production process between internal and external partners and foster the process throughout the project lifecycle.
- Evaluate external parties for quality and viability for partnerships.
- Build and maintain budgets for outsourcing and the art team.
- Develop a culture of partnership and integration between art and other subject areas across the team.
- Define and manage artist career paths within the team.
- Conduct regular one on ones and regular performance reviews with art department leadership and artists.
- Mentor artists crafting a culture of artistic excellence and personal growth.
- Design and implement standard processes around staffing, interviewing, and career development.
What You’ll Bring:
- At least 5 years of prior art management or art production in a AAA game environment, with at least one shipped AAA title.
- A proven strategist who helps the team with long-term planning around career growth and staffing.
- Previous AAA game experience in a 3d art or animation role.
- Excellent communication skills across internal and external teams and the ability to provide clear and concise direction, bridging the gap between both sets of teams.
- Experience and ability to apply cultural understanding to teams across the globe.
- A history of team building and getting the best out of distributed art teams.
- A strong sense of flexibility as it pertains to changing project goals or other project needs.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as a comprehensive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed