PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Insomniac Games is looking for a Senior Art Manager to join our team! This individual will be responsible for logistical problem solving, planning, and execution of the Art department within a given project. The Senior Art Manager will supervise a team of managers and provide strategy and leadership to this group. This role will also look after the well-being of the art team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manages Art leads and evaluates schedules and deliverables for a specific project
- Evangelizes tools and workflow improvements for project
- Evaluates leads’ objectives and goals, and ensures that department goals are being met
- Work with Department Head and other Senior Managers to determine best practices and guide leads in their implementation across all art groups within a given project
- Builds and maintains relationships with peers and other senior leaders to align project and departmental priorities
- Evaluates schedules in conjunction with project management, ensures that teams deliver against project goals and pillars
- Assists in pre-production planning through resource allocation and staffing
- Responsible for developing project budget in coordination with Department Head and Executives
- Plays game in development to ensure that operational goals are meeting or exceeding quality bar
- Ensures that all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace are addressed immediately to foster a safe work environment
- Other duties may be assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises a team of managers across multiple studio locations and is responsible for carrying out duties in accordance with the studio's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: 12+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Technical Skills: Advanced Maya, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, Perforce, and ZBrush (or equivalent) user, Microsoft Office 365. Ability to adapt to new tools quickly.
- Large team leadership, with experience navigating multiple simultaneous projects and reports.
- Creative collaboration and problem solving, with an understanding that often it is appropriate to defer to the expertise of specialists.
- Demonstrated high-level business, strategic and contemporary management skills and oriented both towards the big picture and operational detail.
- Effective time management, with the ability to delegate tasks and focus on larger issues while monitoring critical smaller details.
- A strong critical eye for detail and the ability to communicate effectively with the team to resolve issues.
- Communication with both large groups and individuals, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Deadline-oriented approach, with the ability to get results even in difficult situations.
- A leadership style that is marked by personal visibility, open communication, relationship building, collegiality, and teamwork.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the poise and the ability to relate effectively to others at all levels, state a point of view, and advocate for a position within a strong and assertive senior executive group.
- High level oral and written communication skills and a professional demeanor.
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. We look forward to reviewing your submission!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed