WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games seeks Senior Animator(s) for our Cary, NC Studio, to work closely with the Lead Animator to produce high quality keyframe animations, ranging from highly realistic to exaggerated and stylized, for AAA video games. They will be responsible for creating a range of detailed animations, from convincing acting performances to polished body mechanics for gameplay and action sequences. This position will also communicate with other departments to ensure their animation fits the overall game needs. You will collaborate with Design on gameplay feel and with Engineering on animation systems like state machines.
Help push keyframe animation quality on the team, from action sequences with broad body mechanics to acting performance with subtle facial expressions to creature animations while
maintaining industry standards.
Utilizing Maya using our ART tools set:
- Help work with the Concept, Modeling and Rigging teams to develop characters and creatures that will be animation friendly, with an eye for proper proportions, silhouettes, mesh topology, and deformation as part of the preproduction process.
- Collaborate with designers and programmers on solving gameplay problems while maintaining artistic vision.
- Work with Engineering to implement animation systems in Unreal Engine using our animation blueprint system.
- Collaborate with FX and Audio to integrate animations.
- Work with the Pipeline team to flesh out pickers and tools.
- Contribute to the creative process with original ideas and inspiration.
Candidates must have at least five (5) years of work experience as a character animator and with all of the following:
- Creating high quality human and creature animation.
- Creating animations in Maya.
- Utilizing animation pipelines and standard industry processes to create workable animations.
- Giving animation related feedback on modeling, skinning, rigging.
- Working with mocap data.
- At least two (2) production cycles on a commercially released movie or video game.
To qualify, applicants must submit a reel demonstrating high quality keyframe animation in both realistic and stylized animation. It must also show examples of keyframe expertise with both facial animation (during character acting moments) and polished body mechanics (during action sequences).
Multiple Openings for this position.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Location: Cary,North Carolina,United States
Country: United States