Super Evil Megacorp
We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of cross-platform, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for motivated and highly skilled people who share our love for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the task of being part of a small but experienced and dedicated team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, and have a can-do attitude. Join us! It’s going to be a thrilling ride.
As a Senior member of the animation team, you will bring our heroes to life through sound and proven animation principles. You will help set the high bar through consistency and quality of our animations for our games that are currently in development. You must channel the personality of the characters that are in the center of our gameplay. We believe strongly in injecting life to our characters as we want our players to deeply identify with them. You will also be working closely with our Lead Animator, Tech Artist and Game Designers.
- Communicate effectively with multiple disciplines, set clear tactical goals and direct next steps
- Create high quality bipeds, quadrupeds, and creature animations
- Proficient in the foundations of weight distribution and gravitational forces
- Effectively give and receive feedback
- Work independently with minimum supervision
- Support the Art Director in developing animation style guides and processes
- Work closely with outsource partners
- Meet project deadlines without compromising artistic integrity
- 4+ years experience as a games animator with at least 1 shipped title
- Proficient using Maya
- Have a deep understanding of human and animal anatomy
- Experience working on game with an isometric and third person camera angle
- Rigging and Scripting Abilities
Candidates will be expected to provide their portfolio or demo reel. A demo reel should showcase a variety of walk cycles, and a strong foundation in the principles of animation, including weight, timing, and impact. You may also be asked to complete an art test.
The base annual salary range for this position in the United States is $70,000 - $150,000. The base salary is just one part of the overall compensation package. SEMC also offers a package of benefits, including, healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a remote work environment, flex working schedule, parental leave support, 100% 401k match on the first 3% of your contribution, and paid local hangout meals and events. For more details on the full benefits package please visit this link. All full time roles are also eligible for annual bonuses and equity.
This base pay range is for the United States only and does not apply to international locations. The range for each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Do you feel like you don’t meet each and every requirement on the job description? Many people don't apply for jobs unless they feel they exceed at every one of these job requirements. It’s very important for us at SEMC to ensure we have a diverse and inclusive group of talent, so please go ahead and apply even if you feel that you’re not a “perfect” fit! You just might be what we’re looking for!