Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing portfolio of amazing games, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
The Digital Preschool division is an empowered product team which values communication, collaboration, and fun. Our primary goal and purpose is to build preschool apps that boost meaningful screen time for children, parents, and caregivers. As part of the larger eOne, Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro family, our digital brand portfolio includes the widely popular preschool app World of Peppa Pig, which has claimed the #1 spot in its category in over 20 countries since launch, as well as superhero hit PJ Masks: Hero Academy.
Digital Preschool is hiring a Senior Animator who will work closely with product teams on numerous mobile apps to assist and develop digital learning experiences for preschoolers. Using your solid knowledge of visual design and ability to adapt to different artistic styles, you will be instrumental in delivering outstanding preschool games and apps.
Working with the Associate Creative Director on the creative team, the role will collaborate with other team members to craft and deliver outstanding mobile application experiences!
Why would you want to work with us?
Because we are going to have a whole lot of fun! As a Senior Animator, you’ll become an integral member of the creative team crafting games and activities with a hardworking group. You’ll be empowered to assist in turning the creative strategy into fun, engaging, and relevant games for preschoolers.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to the creation, implementation, and maintenance of app style guides that complement brand frameworks.
- Contribute to and guide the in-house animation pipeline with the cross-functional team.
- Build visual designs for content and align to brand style guides.
- Perform visual design and animation audits.
- Present visual design and animation work to with the team and more senior members.
- Work with the team to build age-appropriate game-based experiences.
- Work with the team to create a seamless and cheerful and age-appropriate user experiences.
- Collaborate with the product team to develop/plan and implement engaging learning experiences that align with business and product objectives.
- Stay current on trends and methodologies designing for children, as well as relevant competitors’ products.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, especially in writing, with an emphasis on transparency, organization, and precision.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in design or related field (or sufficient professional experience).
- Portfolio that includes design samples from web or mobile games.
- Experience using a variety of design tools and principles.
- Experience in 2D animation using Unity.
Nice to Have:
- Experience designing for preschool-aged children at different developmental stages.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Location: Toronto, ON