We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Animation Programmer to support our game development team.
As Senior Animation Programmer, you will take ownership of critical animation components - maintain and improve them according to the needs of the game. You will play an important role in shaping the future of CRYENGINE’s Animation Pipeline. You will work closely with people from different departments such as Animation, AI and Sandbox to implement the tools and systems they need to realize the vision and quality of our Games.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples / private projects (GitHub)*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Join our animation technology team and work closely with game play teams across game projects.
- Maintain and extend existing animation components of CRYENGINE.
- Take active part in suggestion, prototyping, design & development of new features.
- Pitch your own ideas to improve CRYENGINE‘s animation system.
- Implementing well designed, robust, highly optimal new animation system features, integrating them into our existing animation, physics and AI systems.
- Independently research and develop improvements to continuously push our technology forward.
- Set development goals as part of a passionate team to shape the future of animation in games.
- Strong passion for VR and its potential as a new medium.
- 5+ years of professional game development or similar programming experience.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in creating animation technologies and integrating them for use in game development.
- Fluency in C++, strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with software profiling tools and performance optimization techniques.
- Experience with designing multi-threaded software architecture.
- Experience with cross platform engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Strong mathematical background.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Experience with console programming.
- Experience working on game asset pipelines and tools.
- Experience with Maya or similar DCC tools.
- Experience with motion capture systems.
- Passion for making games.
What you can expect from us
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio.
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives.
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.*
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).*
Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro – free of charge.*
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity.
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family.
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.
Apply for this job
Location: Frankfurt & Remote
Date found: 2022-11-19
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed