Playground Games is looking for a Senior AI Engineer to join our Fable team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As a Senior AI Engineer, you will be working with the AI team to deliver foundation AI technology and implement player facing features. You will work with autonomy to surface, plan and ultimately deliver key tech and features for the next Fable.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced AI engineer who is passionate in their craft, skilled in C++ and excited about AI as a problem domain. The candidate is also comfortable working with multi-discipline stakeholder groups to determine AI requirements.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and deliver key AI technologies and features alongside other team disciplines in our custom, proprietary engine.
- Work with autonomy within owned areas.
- Mentor and guide junior members of the team.
- Work with the lead to establish long-term AI technology goals.
What you’ll bring:
- 5 years of AI experience, with demonstrable work on at least 1 published title (ideally AAA).
- Strong understanding of core AI concepts such as behaviours, HSM, FSM, utility systems, navigation, etc.
- Expert knowledge of C++.
- A genuine passion for video games.
- Knowledge of Havok is a plus.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a world-class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Location: LeamingtonSpa, Warwickshire
Country: United Kingdom
Subscribe to all Engineering jobs in United Kingdom
Create Profile and Get Noticed