Based in Guildford, DPS Games is looking for a Principle/Senior Ai Designer to assist in the creation of worlds in In this role, you will help to inspire and create gameplay for a new & exciting Free to Play project aimed at a western audience.
As an Ai Designer, you will be breathing life into non-player-character enemies and creating human-like “Ai-controlled” player characters. Working alongside Ai Engineers, you will be creating interesting and varied enemies with unique behavior, characteristics, abilities and attacks to create interesting combat. You will report to the Lead Mode Designer, working with your team and feature stakeholders to make sure the game perpetually excites and retains players.
In this position, you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and can share your knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team & studio culture, has a strong set of design principles, and the ability to direct multiple areas of the game toward the same vision.
You will report to the Lead Mode Designer
What will you do?
- Create designs for NPC combatants
- Create designs for Ai-controlled player characters
- Design tasks include:
- Enemy design
- Encounter design
- Ai feature design
- Behavior tree / Ai system work
- Balancing and live service support
- Document and communicate clear designs
- Developing smart solutions within identified scope and deadlines
- Collaborate with technical teams in the implementation of Ai systems to ensure that tech and design, are all working towards the goal of memorable, tactical combat
- Collaborate with analysts and evaluate metrics, user testing, and other sources of feedback, to identify issues
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience across multiple products
- “Games as a service” and/or free-to-play experience
- An excellent understanding of PVE 3rd Person combat gameplay
- Experience of fostering player-like Ai behavior
- Excellent knowledge of game design and game development concepts
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Ability to work within restrictions to solve problems as they occur
- Actively contribute to growth of the studio. Lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility to increase the quality of the game and health of the team
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience working with PVP multiplayer titles
- Have experience working with multiple studios across different time zones
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.
Country: United Kingdom