JOB TITLE: Senior AI Designer
REPORTS TO: Lead Designer
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is in search of an experienced and highly skilled AI Designer who has a passion for creating engaging AI Systems and Behaviours that provide great gameplay and really help sell the fantasy of the game. You enjoy analyzing AI and Player behaviours and want to create novel gameplay experiences.
What You Will Do:
- Ownership of some of the AI behaviours and features from prototype to shipping
- Own the feature development for AI game design, combat and non-combat NPC’s in the game
- Design new archetypes that fit the vision of a Mafia game. All the way from creative and technical design prototypes to enemy behaviours and abilities
- Evangelize core gameplay features to the rest of the team and help develop best practices for the designers to utilize in their content
- Ensure that players can understand AI intention and plan their combat accordingly
- Analyse, validate and incorporate feedback from the team and external user testing
- Collaborate in cross-discipline pods to implement, tune and balance combat
- Author and maintain design documentation
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Passion for creating complex, balanced systems and linking those to desired player experiences
- Keeps up to date with current industry trends, features and techniques related to the execution of engaging AIs
- Has proven ability to create fun, engaging combat or non-combat npcs in a previous role.
- Cross-disciplinary collaboration is second nature to you, and you know how to use diverse opinions to bring the best out of your features
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles in an AI Design role or similar
- A good understanding of game design principles and the role of AI in gameplay loops
- Understanding of how AI, tactical space and player verbs combine to create unique moments
- Ability to drive prioritization and scheduling of work for owned feature(s)
- Creative problem-solving skills, able to consider both the details and the bigger picture
- Can independently understand and solve technical challenges related your features
- Strong documentation skills, proficiency with Wiki systems or Confluence is a plus
- Strong collaboration skills, able to work well with team members from other disciplines and in other locations
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.
Location: Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom