Senior 2D Animator/Artist (Remote)
As a leading mobile games developer, our vision is to make premium entertainment games that are an enduring part of our players' lives. We combine the best creative talent in the world with our proprietary tech platform to create the deepest, richest, and most engaging mobile entertainment experiences.
We’re on the hunt for innovative talents who consider themselves collaborative, and thrive in a dynamic environment. Founded in 2016, the Berlin studio has launched two successful games: Mahjong City Tours and Solitaire Showtime. We are looking for individuals who take ownership, want to have an impact in our team and the lives or our players, and enjoy working in a talented team and growing studio as part of Jam City’s global organization.
This is a remote position. Candidates must be physically located in countries in timezones UTC-3 to UTC+3 have a work and residence permit in the country where they would like to work from.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Join Jam City and create engaging and fun animations for Solitaire Showtime and Mahjong City Tours! This position will have an impact on our games by owning the animation tasks that will bring our games to the next level with juicy and satisfyingly animated in-game assets. You will create vivid UI- and character animations that will boost the engagement of the players. You will work closely with game developers and other artists to bring your creations into the game and have a direct impact on the look and feel.
- Create engaging 2D asset, character and effect animations.
- Compose easy-to-follow sequences that communicate and highlight game relevant actions.
- Produce and execute final quality results based on your own and your colleagues’ concepts.
- Ensure the consistency of our existing style and develop it further.
- Collaborate with game programmers on finding design and implementation solutions for visual effects.
- Excellent animation skills in Unity Engine.
- Strong illustration and 2D rendering skills.
- Experience in working on mobile games.
- Ability to animate and set up or adjust scenes and in Unity Engine.
- Experience being the owner of animation tasks and projects, delivering final and highly polished results.
- Ability to work as part of a small team being able to deliver and take constructive feedback and implement it.
- Must include a portfolio of work demonstrating your breadth of skill and project contributions.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
- Company news and events on our LinkedIn
- Company Blog
- Employee Feedback on our Comparably page
- Find videos on our teams and games on our Youtube
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20