From setting new standards in IT, to attracting the finest talent, to building our brand, our central teams shape our ongoing success. Join us and you’ll not only support our people to do their best, you’ll be empowered to transform how we do business.
As a Senior Security Architect at Improbable you'll be responsible for working on tougher, more complex problems, bringing deep technical knowledge to multiple teams. You will have worked in places that support large numbers of users and understand how to get us there and can articulate the differences between those systems and our requirements.
You'll be focused on enabling our colleagues and customers to create their Metaverse with M2 Safely, scalably and effectively with our platform and services. You’ll grow other engineers and the wider business in the appreciation of security as a business enabler and a shared concern for all. Using your experience with product and cloud security, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the technical strategy for both platform and product security, as well as handling security incidents, whenever they occur. You will use your experience to help shape our platform architecture and allow Improbable to build safe and secure products.
Working on existing critical services to the business, you'll find ways to extend and improve the security aspects of our product offering. You’ll be involved both from early ideas (identifying gaps in designs) through to deployment and long term usage for a service or solution.
Working cross-functionally across multiple teams, you’ll become an evangelist for all things security related, aiming to foster and encourage a culture across the business that security is important to everyone, and why. You’ll take opportunities to promote this culture where you find it, from your work on pull requests to direct interactions with engineers.
You’ll bring your experience to quickly grasp the security landscape here and develop a shared prioritization with key stakeholders to allow them to understand the importance of the work you advocate for while understanding other business pressures.
- Supporting the secure delivery of outstanding virtual worlds, events, or games
- Supporting our customers directly, to ensure their own solutions have the right level security controls for their needs
- You will help set the security strategy with dealing with new business sectors as we expand our customers
- You will influence the leadership with how they think and reason about security risk
- Engage with engineers who are experts in their own fields and enable them to deliver more secure solutions to our customers
- Ensure our solutions deliver robust security controls so they are able to protect the valuable IP of our customers and the experiences of the players.
- Increasing the security maturity of our products and services.
Why You’re Made for This:
- Experience influencing across engineering teams and products.
- Experience of security consultation to customers or partners.
- Experience designing security controls to help mitigate security risks.
- Experience with security design and threat modeling.
- Experience with web3 security
- Experience in securing on large scale distributed systems.
- Experience with securing APIs
- Experience with securing with Cloud Infrastructure such as GCP, AWS, Azure as well as other Cloud Native tooling.
- Experience in mentoring, coaching and developing engineers.
- Experience in building and growing security functions and maturity within a division or whole business.
Everyone brings different experiences, perspective, knowledge and skills that makes each one of us brilliant. You don't have to meet all the requirements and experiences on this job advert to apply for and be successful in this role.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - UK
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed