SDET (Software development engineer in test), Defence
Your mission is to provide leadership and guidance to our growing SDET group within the Defence test practice. We envisage that you will help shape our testing function as a whole and help to develop guiding standards practice across our entire organisation. As a part of this, team and division wide mentoring will be an important part of your role.
Areas for Impact
- You will design, build and deliver a range of test tools and frameworks to ensure high-quality software for our customers and partners
- Leading implementation of continuous integration and delivery for the software stacks we support
- Mentoring delivery team members in automated building, testing and integration practises
- Joining an established team with a growing learning culture, you will be a significant contributor to the upskilling and influencing of others
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Experienced in working with test frameworks based in Go or TypeScript
- Have been hands-on in the design and implementation of robust, maintainable test frameworks which enable test first practises and fast feedback
- Experience in building test automation frameworks and toolsets from one or more of the following perspectives: UI, API, Websocket, integration or performance
- Worked on the development of test frameworks in a modern, cloud-based software environment
- Developed testing strategies for cloud-based applications, especially those related to Kubernetes
- You have experience releasing software via continuous integration and delivery systems and are familiar with their setup and maintenance
- You are an effective communicator; able to articulate the business or technical decisions for the automation (or not) that you take
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20